Ram were 0-7 in games they scored 13 or less points - when scoring 14+

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LA Rampant

UDFA
7-2

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2015/REG/Rams

fletch-ball-bearings-o.gif

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTI_S8xETSI

Last edited:

LA Rampant

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How did our other NFC West nemeses fare by this criteria?

1) Cardinals scored 13 or fewer points one X in 2015

They were 0-1 in that game (13 was also their season low).

Their overall record was 13-3.

They were 13-2 when scoring more than 13 points.

2015 schedule
http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2015/REG/CARDINALS

2) Seahawks scored 13 or fewer points two X in 2015

They were 2-0 in those games (13 was their season low).

Their overall record was 10-6.

They were 8-6 when scoring more than 13 points.

2015 schedule
http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2015/REG/SEAHAWKS

3) 49ers scored 13 or fewer points seven X in 2015 (like LA)

They were 0-7 in that game, also like LA (3 was their season low, twice, as well as games with 6 & 7).

Their overall record was 5-11.

They were 5-4 when scoring more than 13 points.

2015 schedule
http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2015/REG/49ers

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

:eek: Gee @flv way to be a buzz kill to this thread. :sneaky:

:rant:The guy even gave you a cool Fletch clip to double the entertainment value!

As for the stat, I think this is key to a lot of our optimism. It's amazing we had so many games with so few points. Look at Seattle and Arizona- only 3 games between them!

I think our defense will actually be better this year and we will skyrocket up to average on offense. That's why I'm going with 11-5 this year. I'm even accounting for Goff's early struggles.

Thanks for the research @LA Rampant

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I agree. I was just giving you crap. I think the overall offense is going to be better this year because of a number of factors. Snead and Fisher were wise enough to put lots of weapons in place, (NOW guys, with NFL ready production,) in order to set Goff up for success. Gurley, Cooper, Higbee, Thomas, Tavon, even Benny. I'm excited.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
To me an O-Line that only gave up 18 Sacks all Season long, and had the Rushing game we had, shouldn't be considered a Bottom two Offence!!(y):rolleyes:

LA Rampant

UDFA

"We" know that the Rams went 0-7 in 2015 when scoring 13 or less? "We" know that the Rams went 7-2 when scoring 1 point more in 2015? You mean like, you speak for "everybody"? Or perhaps you have no idea what you are talking about in that context, and are speaking only for yourself?

If "everybody" already knows "everything" about what happened in 2015, we might as well shut down all board posts about the past, because "everybody" already knows "everything" that already happened! :)

LA Rampant

UDFA

The Rams were different things by different metrics and criteria (but I thought you dismissively noted "everybody" already knew "everything" about 2015, how could you not know that? :) ).

They were bottom four by points scored in 2015.

Did you predict how bad they were going to be last year? If so, on what basis? If not, case in point, sometimes stuff happens.

Did you read that rookies don't always set the league on fire (especially ones that come from the fourth and sixth round)? I'm cautiously optimistic, but that is based on what I've seen, too.

If you want to collate the results for the past decade, knock yourself out.

32 teams X 16 game schedule X 10 years back-tested data = 5,120

If you want to show how W-L record changes from (to use your example) 0-70, knock yourself out. Though going to the extreme low of 0 or extreme high as 70 might be overkill? Just a thought to save you some time? You can get back to us.

In saying there was "intention", you (again) have no idea what you are talking about. You aren't a mind reader and don't need to attribute motives. I didn't think to my self, gee, I want to present some twisted stats to make some obscure point! :) I happened to be looking at the 2015 schedule with no preconceived notions, a seeming pattern popped out, and I passed it along. People can do with the information what they will. No need to talk about "intent", or things you have no idea what you are talking about. I did provide the numbers for all four NFC West teams to furnish some additional context, not just the Rams. If it is obvious because "everybody" already knows "everything" about 2015, SF was not as good as us in games they scored 14+ (5-4). Is it "obvious" that ARI would be 13-2 when scoring 14+? That SEA would be just 8-6? That we would be 7-2? Since the results were all over the place, what was "obvious" about it?

No doubt there is always an element of randomness every year, the data was "passed along" as potentially of interest, that's all (not to present a twisted and distorted misrepresentation on a preconceived, calculated basis as you suggested). Probably you can safely skip it next time, since "everybody" already knows "everything" about the past anyway. :)

I have no idea what your last example has to do with anything other than being ridiculous. Mission accomplished. Reportedly "pure stat" guys (whatever that is) hold that if you have more points than your opponent, you generally win.

LA Rampant

UDFA
Awesome, I'll report you for insinuating I was misrepresenting and distorting the data through "mind reader motive attribution". How do I put you on ignore (never mind, I figured it out, done)? Have a good day, sir.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The OPs post is meant to give hope. If the Rams can score more than 14 points a game they should have a very good record. The defense can hold teams to under 14, especially if the offense can hang onto the ball longer. No reason to be dismissive of it imo.

tempests

Hall of Fame
The OPs post is meant to give hope. If the Rams can score more than 14 points a game they should have a very good record. .

It's a little misleading though. Rams averaged 26 points in their 7 wins, and held teams under 14 points just three times.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It's a little misleading though. Rams averaged 26 points in their 7 wins, and held teams under 14 points just three times.
With an improved offense that can comet a 3rd down conversion, our defense will be improved as well.

We're not that far off. A few more extended drives a game will do wonders in the W-L collum.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams can score 20, and hold the other team to 10, they should have a good chance to win