Ram Bytes: Too soon to call Quick a bust

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
hes talking about college running backs carlos hyde and leshay seashrunk

Lol! Yeah I have no idea on college running backs. Sorry for the sort of brash response to the other poster...

I don't really think RB isnt a high need for the Rams since Stacy and Cunningham took over. We still have Rich, too. I'm looking for another late round guy. I kinda liked Mizzou's RB.

(I've been called a "Jackyle and Hyde" poster on here and thought that may be resurfacing.)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Lol! Yeah I have no idea on college running backs. Sorry for the sort of brash response to the other poster...

I don't really think RB isnt a high need for the Rams since Stacy and Cunningham took over. We still have Rich, too. I'm looking for another late round guy. I kinda liked Mizzou's RB.

(I've been called a "Jackyle and Hyde" poster on here and thought that may be resurfacing.)

Haha, paranoid bitch! I love Stacy and Cunningham but I'd like to see a mid to late round RB drafted because Pead can't seem to get much playing time and Richardson seems fragile. Even Stacy seems to be having a little tough time getting up slow and tapping out a bit although he is getting more and more carries. These NFL Ds are a real wear on RBs. Both Hyde and Seastrunk or even Grice would be fine additions in the middle rounds I think.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
See I kinda think SB going down has made every player on this team work harder than otherwise so I'd hold off with saying his advancement has been hurt ,I would say his perceived advancement has been hurt but actual may be more.
I agree with that. The perception is that Quick hasn't done much for his stat line, but you can see him doing much more than catch balls.

lockdnram21

Legend
Ha true...our ST's have really come along compared to a few years ago when just simple coverage was a nightmare waiting to happen.

WR's-I just don't see enough progression as a unit. Quick is a raw kid,sure...but we've drafted/added some talented ppl and route running/awareness/hands still seems to be a big problem. Pettis is the "vet" and yet he rarely gets open. Givens has regressed despite the additions of Cook and T.Austin.

Maybe i'm just being impatient.

quick gets open clemens just rarely looks his way. i was surprised they trusted him on 3rd down. that was like the first time he was on the field on 3rd downs in weeks

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I knew by the subject header that this would be a Bernie article.... he just lives for the doom n gloom.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ha true...our ST's have really come along compared to a few years ago when just simple coverage was a nightmare waiting to happen.

WR's-I just don't see enough progression as a unit. Quick is a raw kid,sure...but we've drafted/added some talented ppl and route running/awareness/hands still seems to be a big problem. Pettis is the "vet" and yet he rarely gets open. Givens has regressed despite the additions of Cook and T.Austin.

Maybe i'm just being impatient.

I hear ya, but just look at how the offense has morphed since Sam went down. Seems like we are only averaging about 20 or so attempts per game. Also I think they really want to see what they have in Bailey at this point. Kid has paws like a grizzly bear! I would be surprised if they draft a WR high this year actually. I think BQ and Bailey start on the outside next year, with TA and JC working the middle/underneath. The great thing about this WR corps potential is that they are interchangeable in a lot of ways. Tavon can be used on the outside, ala Desean Jackson, and Quick and Cook can be lined up pretty much anywhere as well. Bailey is the real wild card right now. I think he emerges as the possession WR we have needed since Holt left.

ausmurp

Starter
Quick is a bust, plain and simple, based on where he was drafted and his production, and the guys taken after him and their production. To me, that is how you rate a player a bust or not. As of now, he is a bust. Could he turn it around, yes, but is it likely to happen, no. You can't blame QB play on his lack of production, because look at Alshon Jeffery and another guy taken after Quick albeit the supplimental draft, Josh Gordon. Both have QBs comparable to Clemons, and both are producing rediculous stats (without Cutler Jeffery was actually producing more).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Quick is a bust, plain and simple, based on where he was drafted and his production, and the guys taken after him and their production. To me, that is how you rate a player a bust or not.
Well then, there's a whole lot of 'busts' out there right now...

moklerman

Warner-phile
Quick is a bust, plain and simple, based on where he was drafted and his production, and the guys taken after him and their production. To me, that is how you rate a player a bust or not. As of now, he is a bust. Could he turn it around, yes, but is it likely to happen, no. You can't blame QB play on his lack of production, because look at Alshon Jeffery and another guy taken after Quick albeit the supplimental draft, Josh Gordon. Both have QBs comparable to Clemens, and both are producing rediculous stats (without Cutler Jeffery was actually producing more).
Hard to disagree when looking at the numbers. I'd even leave Gordon and Jeffery out of the conversation because they are so freakish and so good at this point, it makes it seem like an unfair comparison. Let's look at a couple of other names though:
Quick - 29/458 4TD

Stephen Hill - 45/594 4TD
Ryan Broyles - 30/395 2TD
Rueben Randle - 60/909 9TD
T.J. Graham - 51/621 2TD
Mohamed Sanu - 62/597 6TD
T.Y. Hilton - 121/1,789 12TD
Chris Givens - 76/1,267 3TD
Travis Benjamin - 23/403 2TD
Jarius Wright - 46/713 5TD
Keshawn Martin - 31/336 3TD
Marvin Jones - 64/852 10TD
LaVon Brazil - 22/336 2TD
Rishard Matthews - 48/541 2TD

Now, this isn't EVERY WR taken after Quick but it's most of them in that 2012 draft.

Quick has some major work to do to even be a regularly productive receiver. Hard not to say he's a bust so far.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Quick is a bust, plain and simple, based on where he was drafted and his production, and the guys taken after him and their production. To me, that is how you rate a player a bust or not. As of now, he is a bust. Could he turn it around, yes, but is it likely to happen, no. You can't blame QB play on his lack of production, because look at Alshon Jeffery and another guy taken after Quick albeit the supplimental draft, Josh Gordon. Both have QBs comparable to Clemens, and both are producing rediculous stats (without Cutler Jeffery was actually producing more).

So you base everything on his STATS and where he was drafted compared to players on other teams when evaluating production? Got it!

You do realize that no one on this coaching staff, or any teammates give it a second thought as to where these guys are drafted, or how they compare to players on other teams one they hit the practice field. That is something that only FANS/MEDIA seem to obsess over.

And if you think for a second that Alshon Jeffrey would have the same sort of success on THIS TEAM, in this system that he has in Chicago, then you don't know much about football. Lets see how he does, if you take Brandon Marshall off the field. Or Matt Forte. Or Marcellus Bennett. Kinda see where the theme of this is going?

It is a nice luxury to be able to insert a 2nd round draft pick as a supplemental piece of a bigger and more established system, and allow him to hone his skillset at this level at his own pace. Now, I for one, wonder how that same player, would react and "produce" if he was thrust into a system WITHOUT the other veteran assets, and expected (by FANS/MEDIA) to become the #1 threat based solely on where he was drafted?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am of the belief that Quick is still developing and showing promise. I do however understand that fans are concerned, that feeling is warranted. The question for me is do you as a young team draft skill players on potential and not a player you feel can make an immediate impact.

mojo Ram says: WR's-I just don't see enough progression as a unit, and that is a fair assessment.

I wrote in another thread about this team being built for the long haul and that we are progressing well as a whole. We could use a couple well placed veterans another strong draft class and yes patience. We are 2 years out of being a legitimate threat and next year could be a playoff year with some continued development and a couple breaks.

A little off topic but...cgi don't you find pff to be a little bit Ram hating, sure they are great for stats and articles but seem to rate Ram players a few spots or more lower than they deserve. They have Hekker 18th best punter in their punter stats linked to their front page.

Last edited by a moderator:

lockdnram21

Legend
Quick is a bust, plain and simple, based on where he was drafted and his production, and the guys taken after him and their production. To me, that is how you rate a player a bust or not. As of now, he is a bust. Could he turn it around, yes, but is it likely to happen, no. You can't blame QB play on his lack of production, because look at Alshon Jeffery and another guy taken after Quick albeit the supplimental draft, Josh Gordon. Both have QBs comparable to Clemens, and both are producing rediculous stats (without Cutler Jeffery was
actually producing more).

you act like quick the only ipone suffering. were only completing between 13 and 16 passes. most of the passes are to te or dump offs. the difference between there qb and clemens is they take chances clemens doesnt