Raiders to Release Tommy Kelly

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Per PFT:

I don't know what Fisher thinks about him, but Mike Waufle does have experience coaching him. If he starts trying again, he could be a very good guy to have in the rotation. I don't think we'd be able to afford him though.

The Oakland Raiders have spent most of the offseason trying to improve their salary cap situation by releasing or restructuring the contracts of veteran players. That salary purge is expected to continue.

According to Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com, the Raiders are planning to release defensive end Tommy Kelly on Wednesday.

The Raiders had already restructure the contracts of guard Mike Brisiel and safety Tyvon Branch and released wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey, safety Michael Huff and defensive end Dave Tollefson to help lessen the hit to their salary cap. They’ve tried to restructure the deal for quarterback Carson Palmer without much success.

Kelly still had two years left on his deal and has spent his entire nine-year career with the Raiders. Kelly compiled 45 tackles and just one sack for the Raiders last season. He had racked up 14.5 sacks over the previous two seasons and had been named a Pro Bowl alternate in 2010. Kelly is still likely to attract some interest once he officially hits the free agent market.

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/27/raiders-to-release-tommy-kelly/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... mmy-kelly/</a>

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Although he does have a history with Waufel, at 32 I don't think he fits our current direction. Besides, we already have a pretty good rotation at DT. That being said, if S. Richardson falls to 16 I hope we add him to the rotation.