Raiders' QB Terrelle Pryor on the way out?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Tim KawakamiVerified account ‏@timkawakami

Asked Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie about Terrelle Pryor's future with the team and McKenzie suggested Pryor could be traded or released soon. Link

Terrelle Pryor appears on the way out in Oakland
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 24, 2014

300x26.jpg
AP

The Raiders have anointed the newly arrived Matt Schaub their starting quarterback, and they view Matt McGloin as a capable backup. So where does that leave Terrelle Pryor?

It leaves him on the way out.

Raiders General Manager Reggie McKenzie told Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News that Pryor could be traded or released soon. Meanwhile, a source tells Alex Marvez of FOX Sports that Pryor has asked to be traded.

If the player wants out, and the team is openly talking about the possibility of getting rid of him, that’s usually a pretty good sign that he won’t be with the team much longer.

Pryor started nine games last season and showed flashes of promise as a passer while running for 576 yards, second only to Cam Newton among NFL quarterbacks. But if Pryor wants to be a starter, there probably aren’t any opportunities available to him right now.

A better option would be catching on as a backup on a team that has an offense suited to mobile quarterbacks. Pryor may never be a great pocket passer, but he has the talent to be a good playmaker in the right offense. The Raiders, who are committed to Schaub, will not be that offense.

Name
JP
I would still obviously want to draft a QB, but I would be okay with the idea as Pryor in the QB mix. Still holding out hope for Hill though.

Retweeted by Jason La Canfora
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 1h
Asked Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie about Terrelle Pryor's future with the team and McKenzie suggested Pryor could be traded or released soon.
Collapse

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Not saying I'd want Pryor as our QB but I watched the Raiders last year when I could because he was very entertaining to watch... got out of alot of situations where you think it's a huge fail and made a nice gain.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I wouldn't mind having him in the mix.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I honestly don't know shit about T.Pryor except that he has escapability.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Would never happen, but I'd still like the see the Rams bring in Vince Young. :whistle::whistle:
...and that my friend, is why you never burn bridges. He would have been perfect for us last year, and would still be a good fit this year.
Word to the wise young folks, when you leave always bow out gracefully because you never know what the future holds.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He costs less than a million a year. If, we had an innovative OC, he could add a bit of excitement to our offense.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I wouldn't mind Pryor either. Still, Hill is the top available IMO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bad QB...great runner. I'd be fine with adding Terrelle to play WR...or see if he can play WR as he has speed and movement skills but the guy is not a QB. Terrible pocket presence, inaccurate passer, cannot read coverages, cannot read the defense pre-snap...not the type of a guy I want QBing my team. His game relies on backyard football.