Raiders punter has a new hobby - punt and shoot

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

View: https://twitter.com/MarquetteKing/status/848594373990260736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sbnation.com%2Flookit%2F2017%2F4%2F2%2F15153656%2Fnfl-marquette-king-punt-football-skeet-shooting-probably-missed

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/02/marquette-king-has-a-new-hobby/

Marquette King has a new hobby
Posted by Mike Florio on April 2, 2017

At a time when the NFL supposedly is considering whether to redraw the line between permissible celebrations and penalties, here’s something the league will never let happen in one of its stadiums.

Raiders punter Marquette King has posted a video of himself punting a football — and then trying to shoot it. With a shotgun.

As noted by Mark Hinog of SBNation.com, King likely missed, given the manner in which the ball bounces after it hits the ground.

Anyone who has tried to shoot clay pigeons knows how hard it is to hit a small moving target. But a football is a lot bigger than the orange disks people like me have tried (and failed) to hit on a consistent basis.

Which means not that King should have hit it on the first try, but that he should have kept trying, because it would have been neat to see what happens when a football gets instantly deflated to much less than 12.5 PSI.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
Which means not that King should have hit it on the first try, but that he should have kept trying, because it would have been neat to see what happens when a football gets instantly deflated to much less than 12.5 PSI.
I thought the Patriots had already settled this quandary?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good thing the Raiders are leaving California. Guns are frowned on in most of that state :)

bnw

Pro Bowler
What punters will do to get distance on punts.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Your turn Johnny Hekker

2d97deefc54dc02358e6082c67959815ccb9d916db357b18cd4749bbf2fb4aa7.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
King is awesome.

If we didn't have Hekker I would want him on the roster.

He's fantastic!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Punters with unique celebrations is a sign armageddon is nigh. Or maybe our oversensitized society convincing punters they are people too. Either way, it's bad!

Oh and apologies to Hekk. But he's not just a punter, he's also a media correspondent so he's ok.