Raiders my ass...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Wait them the Raiders get to Vegas and they can pitch FA to young guys.....Vegas, no state income tax....may not sway many top level guys but that will be a destination for second tier FA I would imagine.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Chucky my ass...

There's a really obscene "beat" poem in there...somewhere...I think...

beat-poet.png

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well... Jon can make the best Pirate Faces on the sideline. That cannot be denied.

We'll see how his coaching skills go though. I'm betting that they pale in comparison to his pirate face making ability. Go back and look at his last 2 years in Tampon for a refresher on what he brings to a team besides the cartoon antics.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wait them the Raiders get to Vegas and they can pitch FA to young guys.....Vegas, no state income tax....may not sway many top level guys but that will be a destination for second tier FA I would imagine.

And that home field advantage is real man. Dudes on opposing teams get off the plane in Vegas and there's gonna be some on the team that are like "VEGAS WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'm orderin hookers and coke MFers!!!!"

fearsomefour

Legend
And that home field advantage is real man. Dudes on opposing teams get off the plane in Vegas and there's gonna be some on the team that are like "VEGAS WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'm orderin hookers and coke MFers!!!!"
Haha.
Michael Irvin may come out of retirement.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well... Jon can make the best Pirate Faces on the sideline. That cannot be denied.

We'll see how his coaching skills go though. I'm betting that they pale in comparison to his pirate face making ability. Go back and look at his last 2 years in Tampon for a refresher on what he brings to a team besides the cartoon antics.

Tampa did pretty decently his final two years there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Must be why they fired him.

The record doesn't really tell the story.

They went 9-7 in each of his final two years. It wouldn't be the first time a team made a mistake firing their HC. The Bucs traded a bunch of premium picks to acquire Gruden and then got themselves in cap hell. It was a very difficult situation after the Super Bowl.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
They went 9-7 in each of his final two years. It wouldn't be the first time a team made a mistake firing their HC. The Bucs traded a bunch of premium picks to acquire Gruden and then got themselves in cap hell. It was a very difficult situation after the Super Bowl.

Looking at his last 2 years record wise is not really the best way to describe it. My bad there. Let me try and improve on that...

After winning the Super Bowl in his 1st season with Tampon. Jon's teams were very much underachievers.

He went 12-4 in his 1st year and won 3 playoff games. (Dungy was lingering at that point)

After that,,, they went 43-51 and 0-2 in the postseason... and those teams were loaded with talent.

Gruden's career winning % is .540

His players weren't his biggest fans either. That might be fine sometimes... NOT all of the time though. His act lost impact very quickly with the players.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looking at his last 2 years record wise is not really the best way to describe it. My bad there. Let me try and improve on that...

After winning the Super Bowl in his 1st season with Tampon. Jon's teams were very much underachievers.

He went 12-4 in his 1st year and won 3 playoff games. (Dungy was lingering at that point)

After that,,, they went 43-51 and 0-2 in the postseason... and those teams were loaded with talent.

Gruden's career winning % is .540

His players weren't his biggest fans either. That might be fine sometimes... NOT all of the time though. His act lost impact very quickly with the players.

His Raiders teams did quite well. Like I said, the Bucs' struggle had a lot to do with the organizational errors.

He's not an elite HC, but he's walking into a good situation in Oakland and is an above average to good HC (assuming he hasn't fallen off).