Raiders hire Ken Norton Jr. as defensive coordinator

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Hm I see it as addition by subtraction for them. Norton is a moron, should never be anything more than a position coach. Terrible move by the Raiders, you'd think they'd want the man in charge of X's and O's to be able to at least spell "X" and "O".
Well ... it's the loss of another key defensive coach for them. continuity is a big thing

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I went to school with Ken. I think he was in jr high school when I was in high school (it was a very small K-12 school in LA). When he was a kid, he never spoke. Quiet as a mouse. Bizarre for me to see him now.
Interesting, and small world, I went to HS with Ken too...Really good guy, I played a bunch of sports against his teams...He was a basketball, baseball guy (man was he a good hitter)...Then in HS he added track & football...Anyhoots, good to see him get a crack at DC....The funny thing about Ken, dude was like 6'2, 180lbs at 13-14 years old seemed like...Really put together...

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Interesting, and small world, I went to HS with Ken too...Really good guy, I played a bunch of sports against his teams...He was a basketball, baseball guy (man was he a good hitter)...Then in HS he added track & football...Anyhoots, good to see him get a crack at DC....The funny thing about Ken, dude was like 6'2, 180lbs at 13-14 years old seemed like...Really put together...
yes, i recall how large of a kid he was. We were together in a small private school on the west side. Where did he end up going to HS? And do you recall was he as quiet in HS as he was in his earlier years?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So DC Dan Quinn goes to Atlanta, LB Coach Norton goes to Oakland, and Secondary Coach becomes the new DC. That's a lot of turnover for their coaching staff in one season.
I hope the "Bleeding" is far from over!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
yes, i recall how large of a kid he was. We were together in a small private school on the west side. Where did he end up going to HS? And do you recall was he as quiet in HS as he was in his earlier years?
Westchester HS....I saw him as a 7th grader...He played baseball where I was playing football in Inglewood....Then he went to HS later...Pretty humble & quiet guy...In Jr. High, he beat up the bully from my elementary school...And, by no means was it his fault...Just took care of what a bunch of us wanted to see...As a senior, he was more vocal, but still big Ken raised him the right way...He was like a Hershel Walker type in that, he really believed in all those push-ups and stuff...Real raw too...took him a while to get the game...

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Westchester HS....I saw him as a 7th grader...He played baseball where I was playing football in Inglewood....Then he went to HS later...Pretty humble & quiet guy...In Jr. High, he beat up the bully from my elementary school...And, by no means was it his fault...Just took care of what a bunch of us wanted to see...As a senior, he was more vocal, but still big Ken raised him the right way...He was like a Hershel Walker type in that, he really believed in all those push-ups and stuff...Real raw too...took him a while to get the game...
Hmm, so I guess he was in 6th grade the last time I saw him. Given how I recall his size, I thought he was older at the time.

But yes, real raw was how I recall him as well.

I don't recall ever seeing or meeting his dad, but he looked so much like his father.