Raiders, C Stefen Wisniewski disagree on his value

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Then why in blue blazes do they not play the back ups instead? Wells and Joseph sucked!

If Fisher has an obvious fault it's going with Vets over younger players when given a choice. In Tennessee, one year iirc (although that's increasingly a tenuous proposition...lol), he started NO ROOKIES at all, the only team in the league to have no rookies start.

Vets loved him because in the age of the mega contract for 1st rounders who'd never played a down, he was willing to make rookies wait no matter their salaries.

Now THAT made sense.

Problem is that he also does stuff where he sticks with vets grinding it out who are playing awful, perhaps because he was one. I dunno. But he really doesn't like to shut a guy down who's stinkin' up the joint if even part of it's because he's dinged and he's fighting hard through it.

I have no doubt Scott Wells is a quality guy who fought like hell to be the Center for the Rams and do the very best for us Fans, his teammates, the coaches and the Front Office. That said, he was just bad and needed to be replaced whatever the cause of his poor play.

That Fisher wasn't willing to pull the trigger on that is one of his faults as a coach. Now, all of the pundits seem to just ASSUME that Wells is gone. I'm not assuming that because of Fisher's penchant for sticking with vets who are dinged.

Jake Long.... Sam Bradford...Cortland Finnegan...Scott Wells...

Now, Finnegan is gone, but would it surprise me at all if NONE of the others were gone? No. It would depress me substantially, but it wouldn't SURPRISE me, because... that's who Fisher is as a coach.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I hope you're wrong Mack! Think Fish is a good head coach but keeping washed up players against younger, cheaper and better players doesn't cut it! IMO!