Raiders break ground on Vegas Stadium / Spanos bashing on Twitter

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Raiders moving to Vegas will make the Chargers even less viable in LA than they were. I truly cannot see any part of the LA fan base becoming Chargers fans with the Rams and the Raiders so close. The Chargers have an older QB and are not a good team anyway...What a dumpster fire...

fUR0Vxq.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
“Dean was Kroenke’s Uber driver”

:rolllaugh:

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Who's the big guy Stan was patting on the shoulder?

That was Steven Jackson and I heard him tell Stan he hasn’t been to an LA Rams game yet. That needs to change. He should at least be honored during half time. He was our lone bright spot in a decade of futility.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Raiders may be the "winner" in all this moving hoopla and fan fuckfest.

It's a WAY more desirable weekend trip than LA for opposing fans. I'm not sure if Raiders fans from LA will turn out in droves because it's a 4 plus hour drive but some will.

The Rams and Chargers are not drawing like they thought they would right now. That could change of course, but the NFL isn't currently grabbing people in LA.

Las Vegas will draw if the Raiders are good or bad, they will probably sell out because of the appeal of Sin City for fans from all over. Cold weather teams for sure plus Denver and KC aren't that long of a flight.

The crowds could be 50-50 every week!

Well maybe not because LA and OAK are close enough that the crowds should be mostly Raiders fans.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It's a WAY more desirable weekend trip than LA for opposing fans. I'm not sure if Raiders fans from LA will turn out in droves because it's a 4 plus hour drive but some will.

The Rams and Chargers are not drawing like they thought they would right now. That could change of course, but the NFL isn't currently grabbing people in LA.

Las Vegas will draw if the Raiders are good or bad, they will probably sell out because of the appeal of Sin City for fans from all over. Cold weather teams for sure plus Denver and KC aren't that long of a flight.

Well maybe not because LA and OAK are close enough that the crowds should be mostly Raiders fans.
Well, at least the Rams have drawn a couple of crowd above 85,000 fans last year, when everything was new, so the potential is there...Have the Chargers even sold out a 35,000 seat venue yet? (I mean, with mostly home fans and not adversarial fans)..lol

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
That was Steven Jackson and I heard him tell Stan he hasn’t been to an LA Rams game yet. That needs to change. He should at least be honored during half time. He was our lone bright spot in a decade of futility.
Just wow

SJ#39 is bigger than Howie.....just wow!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Stan Looks as Big as Howie Long! And It looked like Howie was avoiding Stan! Thoughts!?!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
After watching it, I don’t think that is SJ. It just doesn’t look like his face. I also hadn’t heard that he cut off his dreds so I’m going to say no.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I work in Cali and drive to/from my main place in Vegas every weekend. And at this point I-15 is assjammed with idiot-driving Californians who don't know how to effin drive with courtesy on a two lane highway on every single weekend. It's gotten so bad that I often drive through death valley now which is an extra half hour but worth it. This upcoming Thanksgiving weekend for example I will have to drive north, otherwise it's madness and traffic out the @$$.

So "those people" don't need much reason to go to Vegas. Raiders, as I predicted when the story broke, are going to thrive there. It's a perfect match man and yeah folks will drive, fly, etc to pack that stadium on the weekends because remember there are also fans of the other team to consider.

When the Knights were given to Vegas all the other hockey cities like Winnepeg were whining about how they got the team. Then after the tickets went on sale the seats were snapped up quickly as they all planned their Vegas vacations around seeing their Jets.

I bought my house in Vegas some years back and have never seen the roads and strip as busy as it is now. Again as a commuter I get a different perspective so I'm confident that the Raiders and Rams will both be set up for success while Spanos' sorry @$$ will be the odd man out due to his decision to bail on San Dog.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh and almost forgot... Another thing is the Vegas home field advantage, i.e. the other team's players wanting to enjoy the fruits of what it has to offer and being flat on gameday. I have a feeling the city itself will be worth another point or so in terms of home field advantage over time.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
After watching it, I don’t think that is SJ. It just doesn’t look like his face. I also hadn’t heard that he cut off his dreds so I’m going to say no.
He cut his hair a couple years ago...that's SJ.