Raiders agreed to switch to NFC west if they move.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Per bleacher report. I know, not super reliable. But if they do, I would think they would switch with the Rams. What would you think about being in the AFC west?

Philly5

Rookie
Less travel for team. In state rivalry with KC. The best thing would be that the stadium mess would have to be resolved.

Why would Raiders switch though? SF and Oakland in same division would be odd. Maybe Chargers move to LA with the Raiders?

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Here's the walk-thru of the logic behind the Raiders swapping over: http://blog.azcardinals.com/2014/10/08/the-nfl-l-a-and-raiders-in-nfc-west/

- It's not just Raiders moving, but if both Raiders and Chargers moved to L.A., then one would have to swap conferences in order to avoid two AFC in the same city.
- Apparently Raiders would volunteer to swap.
- Likely candidate to swap to AFC would be Seattle, since AFC West was their original conference.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Why do I get the feeling this thread will be locked sooner rather than later?

1zldagg.jpg

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
If this is true this is very interesting to me.

Why is it a good idea?

1. A switch to the AFC West with games in Kansas City and Denver would greatly decrease our travel every year.
2. While some of my Rams brethren wouldn't get their team back, if the Chargers join the Raiders in L.A., the L.A. Rams fans would get the chance to see the Rams play in L.A. at least once per season, or five times every four years.
3. Fuck the Seahawks.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL would switch Seattle to the AFC to try and balance the power again.

So basically if that's the case, you're talking about swapping the Seahawks out, and the Raiders in. The Raiders! Yes please!

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
I would love for them to be in the AFC West. Getting to play KC twice a year would be an awesome rivalry

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Seattle was in the Old AFL, so put them in the AFC! Their is too much History of the 49ers & Rams in the same Div. To change that IMO!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Makes more sense for the Midwest Rams to be the team to switch out of the NFC West.

Agreed. Geographically, it would make sense for the Rams to move. But the NFL may not want to do it due to the Rams history in the NFCW.

Irish

Starter
I would love to play in the NFC North. Natural rival in Chicago, Brewers fans already hate St. Louis, so bring on Green Bay, Blues fans hate the Redwings and Detroit, and Minnesota is, well, Minnesota.

Just get out of the NFC West.

Do you really think the NFL will allow the Raiders in the NFCwest? You remember what happened the last time the Raiders and Niners played? And now with the 49ers fanbase becoming violent throughout the years it would spell a recipe for disaster if those fans saw each other twice a year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you really think the NFL will allow the Raiders in the NFCwest? You remember what happened the last time the Raiders and Niners played? And now with the 49ers fanbase becoming violent throughout the years it would spell a recipe for disaster if those fans saw each other twice a year.

Yea. That's a big question. The crime rate in California would skyrocket two Sundays every year. :LOL:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My best friend is a Broncos fan so I would be happy if it happened lol I'm personally tired of playing the 49ers. History shmistery. It gets boring to watch the Rams play the same teams every year. Change it up a little.