R.I.P. Mary Tyler Moore

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/25/entertainment/mary-tyler-moore-death/index.html

Mary Tyler Moore, beloved TV actress, dies at 80
By Lisa Respers France, CNN

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhZ2QP5K7TM

(CNN)Actress Mary Tyler Moore, whose eponymous 1970s series helped usher in a new era for women on television, died Wednesday at the age of 80, her longtime representative Mara Buxbaum said.

"Today beloved icon Mary Tyler Moore passed away at the age of 80 in the company of friends and her loving husband of over 33 years, Dr. S. Robert Levine," she said. "A groundbreaking actress, producer, and passionate advocate for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Mary will be remembered as a fearless visionary who turned the world on with her smile."

"The Mary Tyler Moore Show" debuted in 1970 and starred the actress as Mary Richards, a single 30-something career woman at a Minneapolis TV station. The series was hailed by feminists and fans alike as the first modern woman's sitcom.

But that wasn't the role which catapulted her into stardom. Moore first found fame playing Laura Petrie, the wife on the "The Dick Van Dyke Show," which ran for five seasons beginning in 1961.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Loved Mary Tyler Moore ,

Huge fan of both The Dick Van Dyke Show and the Mary Tyler Moore Show

Huge Lose , :(

Mary-Tyler-Moore-Feet-1484461.jpg

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know much about her but always think of Buddy Holly by Weezer when I hear her name.

Alan

Legend
Mary and Lucille Ball were part of my family. So to speak. Can't be replaced but others like Julia Louis-Dreyfus will carry on with her genius.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't think it's always flattering to comment on a woman's beauty, especially since MTM was such an amazing talent as an actress... but, she's a classic beauty in my book. I dont feel I'm diminishing her saying that.

Alan

Legend
IMO beauty is frequently a detriment to a woman who wants to be a serious anything @CGI_Ram . She was both a beauty and a true genius at what she did. Couldn't agree more with your post.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
IMO beauty is frequently a detriment to a woman who wants to be a serious anything @CGI_Ram . She was both a beauty and a true genius at what she did. Couldn't agree more with your post.

Well said, Alan.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It's nice seeing you in here Alan. You are definitely missed.