Quotes from practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
And yet, Jason Cole will put out another report in the coming weeks about how we're considering trading Hekker for a Unicorn.
Nothing can stop these guys from reporting bullcrap.

I'd make that trade.

Ram Pat

Rookie
And that's what they were waiting for.
Comfort in the system.
When Goff gets in I just hope Boras and rest have pass play design for release under 2.6 sec , big difference in completion percentage. And he is not the most sturdy built Qb

Picked4td

Pro Bowler

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
@OldSchool Thanks for posting that Bentley tweet with the GRob highlights. Very reassuring.

I do follow Bentley but missed that one.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
My buddy has an extra ticket for the Carolina game. Guess I'll have to take one for the team and go. Just have to tell wifey about how/why I will be MIA most of the day AND inebriated when I get back. Meh. If Goff gets the nod, It will be LIT.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My buddy has an extra ticket for the Carolina game. Guess I'll have to take one for the team and go. Just have to tell wifey about how/why I will be MIA most of the day AND inebriated when I get back. Meh. If Goff gets the nod, It will be LIT.
Far Fing out.jpg

Be sure and get there early for all the great Tail-Gating Parties!(y);):D
And don't forget ROD Rule #1 .....

yodapic.jpg

Because ....
Party time.gif

...It will be time to PARTY!!(y)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm sure he looked great. Dude looked great in the camp practices I watched too. At the time I couldn't tell how good his feel for protections were, but the throws alone stood out like crazy. The ones that consistently impressed me the most were his corner fades in the end zone (he drops dimes on those like a machine) and the deep middle strikes. Just about every time a beautiful pass struck downfield it was Goff.

Kid is an aggressive downfield passer with accuracy, people are going to crap themselves once they see him in action with a good feel for the protections.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Not from practice today but from one of the few reporting that is an expert on his topic. If you want to know how GRob is doing follow LeCharles Bentley and nobody else. You wouldn't think he was capable of doing anything right reading this and other Rams boards.

View: https://twitter.com/OLineWorld65/status/791365061843439616

When he does stuff like this

View: https://twitter.com/NoPlanB_/status/791254594923802624

it's kind of hard to defend the guy.
He is playing better than many of us believe. I'll admit, I haven't focused on him too much during games, but Bentley's tweet was a nice surprise. Usually when I hear his name it's preceded by "holding" or "false start", though it does seem that he has been unfairly targeted by officials at times. Nice post, it's refreshing to see how well GRob actually played.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

He is playing better than many of us believe. I'll admit, I haven't focused on him too much during games, but Bentley's tweet was a nice surprise. Usually when I hear his name it's preceded by "holding" or "false start", though it does seem that he has been unfairly targeted by officials at times. Nice post, it's refreshing to see how well GRob actually played.

When GRob was drafted all anybody could talk about was his elite great run Blocking skills in college, I would love to see some of that!! For Gurrrley's sake!!(y)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
That clip is interesting...Love me some Bate...The timing is all screwed up...he expected Tavon to be around that corner....I bet if we could see Tavon, he's NOT running full speed, but taking stutter-steps....and screwing up the timing even more...it looks like he's doing what he's told...but the wrong results happen. I've seen other clips of the line not blocking anyone...several players...
My point...it's something to do with scheme/coaching...and too many of the line are screwing up...It should be an easy fix...

While I wouldn't say G-Rob is doing well, I wouldn't say he's the problem...several of his holding penalties are bs....I'd just run the ball his way some more...kinda get those guys in a rhythm...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Honestly that play doesn't bother me at all. The angle is garbage but that play was blown up by others, Tavon was supposed to be behind GRob at that point with him plowing a road. I'm not saying he's great but he takes a lot of garbage hats unnecessary. We all know the kid was a project and it looks like the best coaching he's getting in the off season he's getting nothing from Rams coaches, none of the line seems to be.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

The problem with GRob is mostly the penalties, and after that his struggles with a speed rush.

Go back and look at that play and imagine that Kendricks cracks down on 20 vice running right by him. It would have been a real nice gainer. On every play, even big ones for an offense, you can see players missing assignments, but there will be a key block or execution, or maybe more than one, that make up for it.

The good thing here is that Boras is drawing up some fine plays. Bad thing is these guys are way too inconsistent in execution. Some of it's probably coaching, but then again I think we have some dumb players on offense that maybe don't have their heads fully in the game. Sometimes that's more important than talent, because one or two fewer whiffs per play can be the difference between a great offense and a meh one.