Quinton Coples Revival?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I always thought he was a better fit in a 4-3 Defense when the Jets drafted him. But really haven't paid to much attention to him or heard much about him since he was drafted. Sure as hell is worth kicking the tires he won't cost much.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Visits tracker: Quinton Coples meeting with Rams

• _Sessler-65x90.jpg

• By Marc Sessler
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: March 14, 2016 at 10:10 a.m.
  • Updated: March 14, 2016 at 10:38 a.m.

The Los Angeles Rams aren't finished looking for depth along their rugged defensive line.

After re-signing defensive end Eugene Sims to a three-year, $10 million deal, the team is planning to meet with fellow end Quinton Coples on Monday, a source informed of his plans told NFL Media's Rand Getlin.

Coples flamed out with the Dolphins last season after three-plus underwhelming campaigns with the Jets, who made the former North Carolina star their first-round pick in 2012.

At just 25, Coples is young enough to give a team a fresh pair of legs, but none of his 16.5 career sacks came in 2015.

Psycho_X

Legend
Is Coples still playing....

Not sure what happened to him, did he just not fit Bowles system last season or get in the dog house? Not to up on this guy lately. He always was ok in Ryan's defense but only average at best for a starter. Might be a decent rotational guy in pass rush situations. Idk though.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Still pissed about the Fairley situation. Zero reason to not extend him. Just a poor move by the front office. I don't care if they're professionals, it was a dumb decision.

Ram65

Legend
Den Wrote

IMO, they will move Coples to DT being 6'5 290lbs and he had 16.5 sacks in three seasons with the Jets so add in one of the best Defensive Line Coaches in the NFL in Mike Waufle and that Coples is still only 25 and this could be another under the radar signing that strengthens the team without spending a ton of cap.

He could play both DT and DE. Rams like to move Hayes inside too.

If they like the guy I hope they give him a two year deal. Those one year deals seem like a waste of time.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Not a need. He would need to be cheap. Appears to me he is a LDE only. Don't the Rams have 3 LDE's already signed? (Hayes/Westbrooks/Longacre) He also looks like he would play just one interior DL post behind Donald/Tricant-Pasat.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/quinton-coples?id=2532818

Can he fill in @ NT for Brockers? Can he be a replica Kendall Langford?

Rams already have DE's like Hayes-Sims & Westbrooks who can move inside & play well @ DT in passing situations or like Hayes hold the fort in running downs too. :unsure:

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It seems that some of these decisions are driven by what the staff thought of the player when they were coming out of college. Their scouts scouted them, the coaches looked at them and some players stick out in their mind as someone they really liked. Fisher said that of Barron.

Maybe they really don't consider what Coples did with other teams because they just believe they can use his skill set better.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Like Barron and Fairley...

I'm all for it. Defenders know they can come here and be productive and their one year "prove it" deals can actually mean something because we will set them up not just to succeed, but potentially to succeed greatly.

And once again, our DL will be filled with 1st rounders...lol.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
He could essentially replace long if they can maximize his potential. If they can do that, watch out...

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Still pissed about the Fairley situation. Zero reason to not extend him. Just a poor move by the front office. I don't care if they're professionals, it was a dumb decision.

I agree with you would love to have him back. Plenty of reason not to extend him though especially if he was asking for a ton with the deepest DT draft in a while coming up (other teams clearly also considering this), and we have to extend Donald and Brockers to big deals in the near future

It is not completely settled yet. Doesn't look like anyone is giving him the starter money he wants so he could potentially come back in similar role.

Couples intriguing END/Tackle knid of guy solid depth. This draft is great is great at DT, but DE not so much. So he could be good solid young depth.

Last edited:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I agree with you would love to have him back. Plenty of reason not to extend him though especially if he was asking for a ton with the deepest DT draft in a while coming up (other teams clearly also considering this), and we have to extend Donald and Brockers to big deals in the near future

It is not completely settled yet. Doesn't look like anyone is giving him the starter money he wants so he could potentially come back in similar role.

Couples intriguing END/Tackle kid of guy solid depth. This draft is great is great at DT, but DE not so much. So he could be good solid young depth.

I guess there's actually three teams going after Fairley right now, and the Rams aren't one of them. He's likely going to get more then we can afford to spend. If he get's $5M and under, I'm going to lose it for not bringing him back.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy

Couples intriguing END/Tackle kid of guy solid depth. This draft is great is great at DT, but DE not so much. So he could be good solid young depth.

well said.. Im on the same wave length Rams need to be cheap in FA w/ looming contracts on deck
#bigPicRosterWise

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure what happened to him, did he just not fit Bowles system last season or get in the dog house?

Difficult to say. The article said he played for the phins last season.