Quinn's reach + Inside Push

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
The Rams inside push was very strong Sunday. Brockers/Langford/Hayes etc did a terrific job not allowing Palmer to step up into the pocket.... This allowed Robert Quinn, who is built like a mammoth yet very long and lanky use his reach ability. Quinn's length and ability to just outstretch his arms will continue to get him some sacks and strip the ball even if he does not absolutely beat the LT.

Robert Quinn really was a BEAST Sunday!!! But remember this is a team sport and the inside guys who did the dirty work not allowing Palmer to step up away from the outside pressure deserve major props as well. Has to be said.

If we can continue to get inside push in pass, Robert Quinn's uncanny reach will be VERY hard to stop, because even if the LT beats him that arm can still extend to cause havoc....That is if he didn't already beat the LT in a speed rush anyway. Chris Long will sure get his too, no one is sleeping on #91.

And I also would like to add:: K.Langford had an outstanding game. While live at the game we saw him make more stops than the stat sheet gives credit for. Just wanted to say this because he gets a lot of flack from most Rams fans just because he is not a stat sheet stuffer. He does dirty work which goes unnoticed and is a good player for us.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
biggame1190 said:
The Rams inside push was very strong Sunday. Brockers/Langford/Hayes etc did a terrific job not allowing Palmer to step up into the pocket.... This allowed Robert Quinn, who is built like a mammoth yet very long and lanky use his reach ability. Quinn's length and ability to just outstretch his arms will continue to get him some sacks and strip the ball even if he does not absolutely beat the LT.

Robert Quinn really was a BEAST Sunday!!! But remember this is a team sport and the inside guys who did the dirty work not allowing Palmer to step up away from the outside pressure deserve major props as well. Has to be said.

If we can continue to get inside push in pass, Robert Quinn's uncanny reach will be VERY hard to stop, because even if the LT beats him that arm can still extend to cause havoc....That is if he didn't already beat the LT in a speed rush anyway. Chris Long will sure get his too, no one is sleeping on #91.

And I also would like to add:: K.Langford had an outstanding game. While live at the game we saw him make more stops than the stat sheet gives credit for. Just wanted to say this because he gets a lot of flack from most Rams fans just because he is not a stat sheet stuffer. He does dirty work which goes unnoticed and is a good player for us.

This ^^^

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
One thing I loved seeing was Quinn going after the Palmers arm trying to knock the ball out before taking him down. That extra effort is what gave us the win, IMO. Especially with him forcing that last fumble.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ChrisW said:
One thing I loved seeing was Quinn going after the Palmers arm trying to knock the ball out before taking him down. That extra effort is what gave us the win, IMO. Especially with him forcing that last fumble.
Yeah, they run that drill a lot in OTAs with the tackle dummies. Quinn has a monster reach and a powerful swat.
I expect quite a few more of those during the season.

jjab360

Legend
X said:
ChrisW said:
Yeah, they run that drill a lot in OTAs with the tackle dummies. Quinn has a monster reach and a powerful swat.
Earlier in his career he was so excited just to get to the QB that going after the ball was just an afterthought. You can see it's all coming together for him now.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
jjab360 said:
X said:
ChrisW said:
Earlier in his career he was so excited just to get to the QB that going after the ball was just an afterthought. You can see it's all coming together for him now.

Yeah - I agree. Looks like he is gone past the IF I get to the QB and is working more on the WHEN I get to the QB.