Quinn: 'We're excited to see who they're going to draft'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
Time to get the final pieces for the team that will represent the Showtime! city.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Tavon looks like a little kid standing next to Quinn.

In the second video mention is made of the possible signing of Donte Whitner which would be a good move.

jap

Legend

In the second video mention is made of the possible signing of Donte Whitner which would be a good move.

Tavon looks like a little kid standing next to most Horns. I just hope our other Little Big Man i.e., Sted) comes back ready and raring to go.

Generally, I tend to prefer the most accurate QB, which would be Goff. However, after seeing our 2008 #1 pick, Sam Bradford, with his issues staying healthy, a big, strong kid like Wentz seems comforting. The question is can Wentz elevate his accuracy, ball release, and decision making to prime-time levels (well, at least to Goff levels)?

If they go with Goff, I hope he commits fully to a strength boosting off-season to maximize his throwing range. We can get by with his natural strength for now. I like the idea of a QB who can find Tavon behind the taller secondary players or who can get the rock on a rope to Sted with his sometimes marginal separation for good CB's. If they can find our two Little Big Men they can find everyone else.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

Always liked Whitner Prime but isn't he more of a box type safety like McDonald? Seems we need more of a cover safety. But I'm sure Williams can find ways to use him to destroy people :)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Always liked Whitner Prime but isn't he more of a box type safety like McDonald? Seems we need more of a cover safety. But I'm sure Williams can find ways to use him to destroy people :)

Whitner, a 3-time Pro Bowler, brings experience and packs a wallop at 210 lbs. Yes, he is a strong safety and you are correct that our DC will find a way to maximize his style of play. Enough with "the youngest team in the NFL" thing. We need more experienced players who know what it takes to win in the NFL.

440px-Donte_Whitner_2014_Browns_training_camp.jpg

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Whitner, a 3-time Pro Bowler, brings experience and packs a wallop at 210 lbs. Yes, he is a strong safety and you are correct that our DC will find a way to maximize his style of play. Enough with "the youngest team in the NFL" thing. We need more experienced players who know what it takes to win in the NFL.

440px-Donte_Whitner_2014_Browns_training_camp.jpg

Bringing the wood!
Would any team have two harder hitting safeties? I doubt it. I like it brohem' :)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Generally, I tend to prefer the most accurate QB, which would be Goff. However, after seeing our 2008 #1 pick, Sam Bradford, with his issues staying healthy, a big, strong kid like Wentz seems comforting. The question is can Wentz elevate his accuracy, ball release, and decision making to prime-time levels (well, at least to Goff levels)?

If they go with Goff, I hope he commits fully to a strength boosting off-season to maximize his throwing range. We can get by with his natural strength for now. I like the idea of a QB who can find Tavon behind the taller secondary players or who can get the rock on a rope to Sted with his sometimes marginal separation for good CB's. If they can find our two Little Big Men they can find everyone else.

I see it the same jap and prefer Goff too. But as I have gone forward in comparing these two guys head to head, and looking at how the Rams prioritize picks, they go with upside over all else. So from that perspective I think @den-the-coach is correct that the pick is likely Wentz. And it is probably the safer pick, admittedly, because I do worry about Goff's frame in comparison to Wentz.

If you watch Wentz, the dude is smart as a whip. I think that plus his insane work ethic is what puts him over the top with the Rams. IMO they made that trade because they think he's a Payton Manning type dude who is going to work his butt off but he also has enormous talent. And you know what? IF they're right he's gonna win that starting job by the end of preseason. It is very possible. Because his offense runs a lot of pro concepts and all he's gonna need to learn is the new terminology.

That would be pretty cool, and a lot better than watching this offense sputter with a low-risk approach under Keenum until the rook is ready.

jap

Legend
I see it the same jap and prefer Goff too. But as I have gone forward in comparing these two guys head to head, and looking at how the Rams prioritize picks, they go with upside over all else. So from that perspective I think @den-the-coach is correct that the pick is likely Wentz. And it is probably the safer pick, admittedly, because I do worry about Goff's frame in comparison to Wentz.

If you watch Wentz, the dude is smart as a whip. I think that plus his insane work ethic is what puts him over the top with the Rams. IMO they made that trade because they think he's a Payton Manning type dude who is going to work his butt off but he also has enormous talent. And you know what? IF they're right he's gonna win that starting job by the end of preseason. It is very possible. Because his offense runs a lot of pro concepts and all he's gonna need to learn is the new terminology.

That would be pretty cool, and a lot better than watching this offense sputter with a low-risk approach under Keenum until the rook is ready.

I don't mind Wentz learning on the job as long as he has the mental & physical resilience to handle what he's going to face in the NFL. The throwing lanes are tighter and close much quicker. The defensive players are bigger, faster, quicker, and much more savvy than his collegiate opponents, and he didn't even play at a top ranked school. If they go with Wentz, the Horns better commit to surrounding him with savvy teachers to help maximize that investment. Some of us are extremely greedy for multiple Super Bowl wins.

Wentz|Goff: "What are we doing this weekend, Coach?"

Fish: "The same thing we do every weekend, Pinky----try and take over the [NFL] world!!!"

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Wyche: "This is a huge move for the Rams"
NFL Media's Steve Wyche brings the reaction from the Los Angeles Rams on the team's move to get the No. 1 overall pick from the Tennessee Titans.

View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Wyche-This-is-a-huge-move-for-the-Rams/2f897c40-a3db-42f3-91d2-8620848f5d10
In this piece, on the side-Bar, they list the Ram off season Loses as:
* Fairley
* Jenkins
* Laurinaitis
* McLeod
and no mention of Chris Long! WTF! Don't these people do their Homework!!
:rolleyes:o_O

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In this piece, on the side-Bar, they list the Ram off season Loses as:
* Fairley
* Jenkins
* Laurinaitis
* McLeod
and no mention of Chris Long! WTF! Don't these people do their Homework!!
:rolleyes:o_O

when they crossed over they said he was with two young rams the slew of picks allowed the rams to manoeuvre in the draft to pick them. then i saw quinn.