Quinn Sack?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Maybe I completely forgot the rules but on the second bad Viking snap to Cassel that went maybe 15 yards behind the LOS, Quinn was the first one there to touch him down. Yet, he didn't get a sack?
What am I missing?

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm confused too. I also thought he had a strip sack because Cassels hand hadn't moved forward when the ball came loose. That's 2 sacks that were non-sacks. @CoachO ? Anyone?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Perhaps the snap play didn't result in a sack because at that point Cassel was simply recovering a fumble?

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
What makes it worse is that Robert Mathis was credited for a sack and he didn't even dress.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
here is the play by play, it was credited as a fumble by the center, and Quinn got credit for the tackle, but since there was no pass attempt, no sack was given, It was an "aborted play"

(6:15) (Shotgun) M.Cassel Aborted. J.Sullivan FUMBLES at MIN 40, recovered by MIN-M.Cassel at MIN 40. M.Cassel to MIN 40 for no gain
(R.Quinn).

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
As far as the one Quinn his Cassell I am waiting for the all-22 film to be posted, it looked like and 'empty hand' that the ball went forward because of the sack, not because of it being in Cassell's hand. It was similar to the one qwhere Mathis got credit for a sack when it was originally ruled an INT>

The TV shot is hard to tell . . . but it looked like Casell lost control and his the force of the hit forced the ball forward, that he didn't have control to make it a "passing attempt". That's my opinion, others could disagree . . . but to me, it was a sack, forced fumbled and recovered by Rams that would have been a scoop and score.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I had never heard of a center fumbling. I always thought any time there was a bad snap and the QB falls on it, the first guy to touch him gets a sack. Guess I've always thought wrong.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
looks like ball is not going forward from the QB's impetus, but from Quinn's dislodging and force of the sack.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
m
upload_2014-9-8_13-1-54.png

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
upload_2014-9-8_13-22-33.png
This m oment he hit ball, it looks like it's still in QB's hand, and it came out as though it had not been thrown but maybe push with no grip on ball

upload_2014-9-8_13-23-56.png

upload_2014-9-8_13-24-20.png

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I'm confused too. I also thought he had a strip sack because Cassels hand hadn't moved forward when the ball came loose. That's 2 sacks that were non-sacks. @CoachO ? Anyone?
There was no indication that was a pass. It's merely a fumble so therefore it's simply a tackle for loss.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
There's a great close up angle somewhere. It was definitely loose when his arm started forward.
upload_2014-9-8_15-16-7.png

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not sure how a bad snap is a fumble? You would have to have possession at some point I thought. Oh well.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Hopefully, they correct that...