Quinn robbed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Had the Rams had a winning record or made the playoffs, Quinn would have gotten it for sure. Part of these awards is like the Pro Bowl .... popularity contests.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
didn't get a single vote..

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

A55VA6

Legend
So 19 sacks (2nd in NFL), 7 forced fumbles (2nd in NFL), 23 tackles for loss (1st in NFL) isn't enough for him to win Defensive Player Of The Year... but Luke Kuechly wins it with 2 sacks, 0 forced fumbles, and 4 INT's? Apparently you just have to get a lot of tackles to win this award. Unbelievable.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is ridiculous....but as mad as i am right now i can't even say I'm surprised..

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
LOL such bullshit it's laughable.

sunny001

UDFA
lol ofcourse he didnt get a single vote. he wasnt even in the final 4 to get a vote

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I absolutely love the talking heads that say "Quinn was penalized for not playing on a winning team."

In other words

"We're fucking retarded and can't do our damn jobs and only vote on popularity and how much we hear about the player instead of actually doing what we're supposed to do and vote based on how the individual actually played."

It's almost as laughable as last year in the NHL when the hockey writers, who's job is also to vote on awards, voted the same player for the All Star team TWICE for two different positions. And then they tried to find some bullshit excuse as to how they were so bad at their jobs they didn't even know the position of the player they were voting for but just knew him by popularity.

bskrilla

Starter
So he legitimately didn't make the final four in the balloting?! Is this accurate? If so I can't even fathom what the voters were thinking.

bskrilla

Starter
So 19 sacks (2nd in NFL), 7 forced fumbles (2nd in NFL), 23 tackles for loss (1st in NFL) isn't enough for him to win Defensive Player Of The Year... but Luke Kuechly wins it with 2 sacks, 0 forced fumbles, and 4 INT's? Apparently you just have to get a lot of tackles to win this award. Unbelievable.

If you're going to give the award to someone other than Quinn at least go with Mathis. Seeing as he was number 1 in both sacks and FF. I could at least understand that.

SC-Ram78

Rookie
This is just plain stupid. The NFL plays favorites and is way to rigged. This needs to change. I know that we need to start winning more consistently to get respect. But don't punish the player for the team he is playing on.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I agree the process is plain stupid and outrageous.
sigh.....

If you can look at a positive out of this when he resigns with us at elast the price wount be driven up with winning a DPOY award.... even though I kinda feel like a sh*t bag saying that.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The NFL just does not like the Rams, it has been that way for years and they still seem to hold that position even though Georigia is long gone and Kronke is the owner. He isn't in the inner circle and things like this will always happen unless there is a player like Faulk who forces the issues.

I also noticed that Kevin Greene did not make it to the HOF

RamsFan14

Starter
After thinking it over, we can't deny Kuechly is a great player. He plays for one of the best defenses in the league, he's pretty much the captain of that top defense, and he plays for a playoff team. Granted he has some great players around him, he's still one heck of a MLB, we can't forget about that. Think that 24 tackle game against the Saints (haha Quinns best game was arguably against the Saints too) might have sealed it for voters as that was a huge game for the Panthers sealing that number 2 seed. Being the head of the best defense in the league is going to catch the eyes of voters, which is understandable.

It sucks Quinn didn't win, I was pretty convinced he was going to be the winner. It is what it is, think Seattle Fans ain't happy Sherman didn't get the love for being "the best corner in the game!" ;) I don't think it was an easy decision, there were a lot of deserving players for the award this year.

Hopefully this gives Quinn more motivation to replicate what he did in 2013, if not do better!

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is why people should ignore the media's opinion on football. Most of them don't know their arse from a jet stunt.