Quinn on the Single Season Sack Record (101 ESPN Feature)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneG

Starter
Quinn Looks to Improve Upon Pro Bowl Season
While St. Louis Rams fourth-year defensive end Robert Quinn may already be the league’s most proficient pass rusher, what’s downright mind-boggling is this: The freshly-minted Pro Bowler is going to get better.

Robert-Quinn-200x300.jpg

Robert Quinn

At an age when some players have barely begun getting their feet wet at the onset of their rookie NFL seasons, the 24-year-old Quinn was already leading the NFC with 19 sacks in only his third year in St. Louis.

Not only are all his elevators still heading up toward a yet-to-be determined performance ceiling, Quinn is working hard to ensure that he optimizes his vast abilities.

“This year, I just want to become an even more complete player,” Quinn said on the last day of training camp. “People always bring up last year, but I realize in regard to last year you can’t change what happened. I like to stay in the present of constantly trying to work on my craft in regard to playing the run or playing the pass and just trying to become the most complete player that I can be.” The defensive end has absolutely no interest in resting on his laurels.

Quinn is still in ascension mode relative to a myriad of attributes, including athleticism, strength, understanding of the game, skill development and overall maturity.

It seems legitimate to wonder if “Quinn the Quintessential” could one day challenge former New York Giants Hall of Fame defensive end Michael Strahan’s single-season sack record of 22.5.

After all, Quinn finished just 3.5 sacks shy of Strahan’s record-setting campaign last fall even though:

(Please see the link below for the feature in it's entirety. Thank you):

http://www.101sports.com/2014/08/25/rams-quinn-looks-improve-upon-pro-bowl-season-fall/

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Shane!

Whats up doooooooooooooood?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Nice to see you Shane. :) Great article. Can you please provide more during the season?

ShaneG

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Shane!

Whats up doooooooooooooood?

Hello my friend! It is GREAT to be back! Congrats on all the success this board has truly become the go-to site for Rams fans over the past few months and rightfully so.

ShaneG

Starter
Nice to see you Shane. :) Great article. Can you please provide more during the season?

Thank you! I appreciate that very much. And yes, I will be doing features as well as game day "Gray's Grades" during the season. I hope you and others will enjoy them.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Quinn Looks to Improve Upon Pro Bowl Season
While St. Louis Rams fourth-year defensive end Robert Quinn may already be the league’s most proficient pass rusher, what’s downright mind-boggling is this: The freshly-minted Pro Bowler is going to get better.

Robert-Quinn-200x300.jpg

Robert Quinn

At an age when some players have barely begun getting their feet wet at the onset of their rookie NFL seasons, the 24-year-old Quinn was already leading the NFC with 19 sacks in only his third year in St. Louis.

Not only are all his elevators still heading up toward a yet-to-be determined performance ceiling, Quinn is working hard to ensure that he optimizes his vast abilities.

“This year, I just want to become an even more complete player,” Quinn said on the last day of training camp. “People always bring up last year, but I realize in regard to last year you can’t change what happened. I like to stay in the present of constantly trying to work on my craft in regard to playing the run or playing the pass and just trying to become the most complete player that I can be.” The defensive end has absolutely no interest in resting on his laurels.

Quinn is still in ascension mode relative to a myriad of attributes, including athleticism, strength, understanding of the game, skill development and overall maturity.

It seems legitimate to wonder if “Quinn the Quintessential” could one day challenge former New York Giants Hall of Fame defensive end Michael Strahan’s single-season sack record of 22.5.

After all, Quinn finished just 3.5 sacks shy of Strahan’s record-setting campaign last fall even though:

(Please see the link below for the feature in it's entirety. Thank you):

http://www.101sports.com/2014/08/25/rams-quinn-looks-improve-upon-pro-bowl-season-fall/

Welcome back Shane.
Nice article too......(y)

Alan

Legend
Good to have you back Shane. It's about time you started listening to us. :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
-He did not benefit from an optimally consistent pocket push from the defensive tackles, something that the likes of a maturing Michael Brockers and first-round selection Aaron Donald might be able to improve upon.

I think he did rather well with Brockers and Langford. While Donald will provide an upgrade at the position, one could make the argument that it would adversely affect Quinn and benefit someone else. If Donald is everything he's touted to be, he might be the one that benefits from teams doubling up on Quinn this year. Hell, maybe even Brockers has his breakout campaign this year. One thing's for sure. You can't single team a single one of these guys now. Langford, while pretty good, was the weak link in the chain. But even then, having him fresh on rotation duty could work out well for him too.

The First Rounders of the Apocalypse, baby. Comin' to a stadium near you.

RamzFanz

Damnit
There he is. Now I know the season is about to start because Shane is having to work for his money again. :)

Welcome back!

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I'm trying to decide if the Bradford injury will have a positive or negative effect on trying to get the sack record. Seems to me that the Rams are less likely to jump out to early leads. It seems other teams might be more likely to play a conservative game, that they don't want to make a dumb move against a dynamic defense.

While Donald will provide an upgrade at the position, one could make the argument that it would adversely affect Quinn and benefit someone else. If Donald is everything he's touted to be, he might be the one that benefits from teams doubling up on Quinn this year.

As much as I like the idea of Quinn chasing the individual sack record, I'd be just as happy with the team sack record. With that in mind, Donald should only help. Anytime the front 4 can initiate the chaos of an uncomfortable QB running for their lives (as Donald and Quinn both tend to make QBs do), it only helps. Quinn's talent for penetrating the pocket is a rare and beautiful thing. Donald seems like he has that same ability, even if he hasn't quite mastered how to close out the escape lanes.

ShaneG

Starter
Welcome back Shane.
Nice article too......(y)

Thanks, Rambitious1. I truly appreciate that! Hope you've been well my friend. Glad you liked the feature... I admittedly had some rust to shake off.

ShaneG

Starter
Good to have you back Shane. It's about time you started listening to us. :)

LOL that brought me quite a smile. That was great! It's great to be back and almost even better to be back at ROD.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Shane! Good to see you back and always good to read your stuff....... where have you been

ShaneG

Starter
Good to see you back Shane. Where you been?

Thanks and it's great to be back. I appreciate that. As for where I've been, it's been quite a journey but I'm glad to be back.

ShaneG

Starter
No Rams forum is compete without @ShaneG . Welcome, nice reading you again.

Y'all are too much thank you junkman that means a lot. I'm glad you enjoyed the feature and look forward to sharing a lot more in the coming weeks and months.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Thanks, Rambitious1. I truly appreciate that! Hope you've been well my friend. Glad you liked the feature... I admittedly had some rust to shake off.

You are welcome.
I have been very well. Hope you have been well also.
Thank you.