Quinn Got a DWI

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
DR RAM said:
There's a service, free to NFL players. Former cops and others that will pick them up at any time and they won't accept money of any kind for the service.
No this is true pat Kirwan was talkin bout it the other day on radio it's a free service from the nfl

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Not trying to make any excuses for him. He was a dumb ass on this.

A 22 year old dumb ass.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Lesson said:
DR RAM said:
There's a service, free to NFL players. Former cops and others that will pick them up at any time and they won't accept money of any kind for the service.

That would be incorrect. The NFLPA wanted to take control of the service that the NFL provided. Then it was discontinued.
Ouch, didn't know it was discontinued, thought it was still current. Thanks.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Either way, I can't imagine it would be that hard for a team to set something up to get players home safely and a little fund will pay for it, then the players can add money back at a later time.

But really it's not a lack of money thing for 99% of these guys. Even if they don't have cash almost all cabs have credit card readers now days. It's just a matter of them being stupid and going "Nah, I'll be fine."

If the team needs to sit down every week and give a safety brief to these guys to keep them off the road when drunk, then do it.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Totally inexcusable! I am so pissed that if it were up to me he would be suspended without pay for at least 5-6 games. It's about time these guys are taught tough love and absolutely zero tolerance. The league will sit him down for some games for sure. The thing that irritates me most is all the press about how he could have a breakout year, and he pulls this shit.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
MontanaRamFan said:
Totally inexcusable! I am so pissed that if it were up to me he would be suspended without pay for at least 5-6 games. It's about time these guys are taught tough love and absolutely zero tolerance. The league will sit him down for some games for sure. The thing that irritates me most is all the press about how he could have a breakout year, and he pulls this shyte.
Since this is Quinn's first offense, I doubt there'll be any suspension. It's the repeaters, like Lynch, who will miss some games. Quinn had better choose to make this his wake up call.

With all the DUI's this offseason, someone should be telling these guys to leave their ride at home if they're going to go somewhere to drink.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Ram Quixote said:
MontanaRamFan said:
Totally inexcusable! I am so pissed that if it were up to me he would be suspended without pay for at least 5-6 games. It's about time these guys are taught tough love and absolutely zero tolerance. The league will sit him down for some games for sure. The thing that irritates me most is all the press about how he could have a breakout year, and he pulls this shyte.
Since this is Quinn's first offense, I doubt there'll be any suspension. It's the repeaters, like Lynch, who will miss some games. Quinn had better choose to make this his wake up call.

With all the DUI's this offseason, someone should be telling these guys to leave their ride at home if they're going to go somewhere to drink.
If they are too dumb to know already they are too dumb to listen

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
PhxRam said:
add another to the growing list..

Kenny Britt arrested for DUI.. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/81839 ... ources-say
Good Lord. It's almost time to roll back prohibition.

Add another

AdamSchefter: Titans WR Kenny Britt facing DUI charges. Lions - Lions! - DT Cory Williams facing DWI charges. Hello...???

27 players arrested......

Not saying drinking and driving is ever acceptable or laughable, but this is almost comical

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You can always make these guys drink until they get alcohol poisoning, rush them to the hospital to get their stomachs pumped, and then make them do it again the next day. The ensuing hangover would be enough to make ANYONE stop drinking.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
libertadrocks said:
X said:
PhxRam said:
add another to the growing list..

Kenny Britt arrested for DUI.. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/81839 ... ources-say
Good Lord. It's almost time to roll back prohibition.

Add another

AdamSchefter: Titans WR Kenny Britt facing DUI charges. Lions - Lions! - DT Cory Williams facing DWI charges. Hello...???

27 players arrested......

Not saying drinking and driving is ever acceptable or laughable, but this is almost comical
Youth and money...a deadly & dumb combination. :boing:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Williams was arrested last year, but even still..wow. I think what is even weirder that it's the big name guys on their teams.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:
Williams was arrested last year, but even still..wow. I think what is even weirder that it's the big name guys on their teams.

You're right. That was my bad. The way Adam Schefter phrased it made it sound like it had just happened.

I did read a report that the lions just found out about it tho. :shock:

This ones legit tho. Per PFT: "And it continues . . . Chiefs CB Donald Washington was arrested Thursday on multiple charges." There's #27