Quinn a 97

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
For those who play Madden:

'Madden NFL 15' DE ratings: No stopping J.J. Watt
  • 0ap2000000334694.jpg
  • By Adam Rank NFL.com
  • NFL Media writer
I'll be honest, I don't typically enjoy playing defense in Madden, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. (And it's a big reason why I loved the college football game because you could be the offensive coordinator and not care about the defense. I also would pseudo-imagine I was punching the defensive coordinator when my offense was putting up 40 points per game and we were still losing. But that's for another day.)

With all of that said, the "Madden NFL 15" creators have done a really great job of making defense pretty fun in this year's game. And when I had a chance to check it out at E3 earlier this summer, I have to be honest, the defense was pretty awesome. I mean, I might even play defense. So with that in mind, it's time to get defensive on Madden and take a look at the top defensive ends in this year's game.

Of course, the list starts with J.J. Watt, who carries a 99 OVR. Here's what ratings czar Donny Moore had to say about it.

"I think Watt knew exactly what he was doing when he chose #99, as it was a prediction of his own Madden rating. (He has) 99 Power Moves, 99 overall, 98 Block Shedding, 97 Tackle. If we didn't have a cap on it, Watt might be rated somewhere north of 105 OVR."

That's pretty remarkable and hard to argue. Watt is one of the most dominating players in the game, so it figures he would be rated that high. And if you're wondering about Jadeveon Clowney, we talked about this previously when the rookie ratings were released, but the first-round pick is listed as an outside linebacker, and his rating is an 82. But if you switch him to defensive end, his rating would be a 92. And that would put him among the game's best at the position.

Now, let's round out that list, too. Robert Quinn is second in game with a 97 OVR, followed by Cameron Wake (96 OVR), Calais Campbell (96 OVR), Cameron Jordan (93 OVR) and Muhammad Wilkerson (93 OVR).

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Holy cow. That's some major recognition. I think he deserves it 100%. Hopefully he's up there with JJ Watt next year.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
That's very tempting to want to play with Quinn but I'm still not going to buy anything with Sherman on the cover.

A55VA6

Legend
I always control Quinn on defense in Madden. Fast, quick, powerful. Getting 3+ sacks a game on All-Madden is a piece of cake.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I always control Quinn on defense in Madden. Fast, quick, powerful. Getting 3+ sacks a game on All-Madden is a piece of cake.

I usually play as Long instead, his power rush just felt more my style. And chasing a QB who then runs into Quinn was never a bad thing either.

A55VA6

Legend
I usually play as Long instead, his power rush just felt more my style. And chasing a QB who then runs into Quinn was never a bad thing either.
Haha yeah, I just felt I was more dominant using Quinn. Even when I didn't get a sack, my pressure with Quinn would lead to a sack by Langford or Long. Langford seems to always get a really good inside push for me.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
I am a wuss I play rookie or pro. I can win in other levels but your players get hurt to easy

A55VA6

Legend
Custom slider sets are the way to go! Makes the game so much more challenging, yet realistic.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I put it on all pro, crank the AI up to 80, crank my AI up to 80 and have a show down. Had some great games that way. Barring the typical, AI gets ridiculous one handed INT from their LBer whose momentum should have launched him far away from the ball, but somehow broke physics just to catch my pass.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I can't wait to lay out Romo my Cowturd friends always play with! Lets go!

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Awesome can't wait to pick up this year's game especially with Donald on our team. Should be fun