Quick Rundown of Updates on Head Coach Search

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

STL-Rams

Starter
Rams Coaching Search: Updates on All Fronts <a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1020417-st-louis-rams-head-coaching-search-updates-on-all-fronts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1020 ... all-fronts</a>

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
They are getting tired of waiting for Fisher I guess.

Make a damn decision already Fisher, or the Chudmeister is in.

bluecoconuts

Legend
DR RAM said:

Seriously. He said Wednesday. It's going on 5PM EST now, and there's nothing but rumors. That is bullshit if you ask me, an announcement should have been made. None of this leverage bullcrap that people are starting to wonder about, you're either committed to your team or you're not.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
bluecoconuts said:
DR RAM said:

Seriously. He said Wednesday. It's going on 5PM EST now, and there's nothing but rumors. That is BS if you ask me, an announcement should have been made. None of this leverage bullcrap that people are starting to wonder about, you're either committed to your team or you're not.

He should just go coach in Tampa. That would be extremely frustrating, but kinda funny.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
IF he doesn't sign here then it seems as if we made a mistake getting into the game late. I'm sure we would have already interviewed a few more guys and had a good idea of who we wanted. Hell, we may have even had him signed already. PLUS, he's probably holding our GM position hostage. We need to get this train rolling fast and in the right direction.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
DR RAM said:
IF he doesn't sign here then it seems as if we made a mistake getting into the game late. I'm sure we would have already interviewed a few more guys and had a good idea of who we wanted. Hell, we may have even had him signed already. PLUS, he's probably holding our GM position hostage. We need to get this train rolling fast and in the right direction.

I'm not sure they know what the right direction is at this point.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
DR RAM said:

Jay Glazer @JayGlazer 22m

Those close to Fisher said he's legitimately torn and going back and forth. He's swung from rams back toward Fins then back again & now back...

:what:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:

+1

If he's still having trouble at this point making up his freaking mind then he doesn't think much of the Rams.

Pull the offer so he loses his Phin leverage and go after Chud.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
If Stan can't land Fish, he needs to hire a Football President/Czar (we have been led to believe this was the plan at various times during the year). That person needs to be the one making the decisions on who gets hired for GM and the entire Coaching Staff... keep the lawyers and bean counters in their fucking offices doing things they actually understand.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:

good point

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Selassie I said:
If Stan can't land Fish, he needs to hire a Football President/Czar (we have been led to believe this was the plan at various times during the year). That person needs to be the one making the decisions on who gets hired for GM and the entire Coaching Staff... keep the lawyers and bean counters in their fucking offices doing things they actually understand.

Priceless!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
STL-Rams said:
DR RAM said:

good point
And now we are missing out on offensive coordinators, offensive line coaches, etc. I'm guessing, and yeah it's just a guess so don't break my balls, that Fisher has coaches lined up. He's already decided he's coaching next season and has had conversations and tentative offers for some of these guys. For his sake, I hope this is true, but for our sake, if Fisher goes elsewhere, it's a nightmare for us, because we are losing out on top talent at the various coaching positions. I'm tired of amateur hour, we need to hire top talent at important positions, which are all of them.

If this is about money, who gives him the most, I'm not impressed. Every day that we don't have a coach and GM we are falling behind....we are already behind!

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
DR RAM said:
STL-Rams said:
DR RAM said:

good point
And now we are missing out on offensive coordinators, offensive line coaches, etc. I'm guessing, and yeah it's just a guess so don't break my balls, that Fisher has coaches lined up. He's already decided he's coaching next season and has had conversations and tentative offers for some of these guys. For his sake, I hope this is true, but for our sake, if Fisher goes elsewhere, it's a nightmare for us, because we are losing out on top talent at the various coaching positions. I'm tired of amateur hour, we need to hire top talent at important positions, which are all of them.

If this is about money, who gives him the most, I'm not impressed. Every day that we don't have a coach and GM we are falling behind....we are already behind!

Thats what makes this so damn frustrating, but what is Kroenke supposed to do right now? If we get Fisher, then we SHOULD get a GM soon after he is hired because he will have input on that. If we dont get Fisher then what do we do? Do we hire a GM first and then let him have input on the next HC so he is comfortable with him? On twitter I asked former scout Dave Razzano about Chudzinski (if we dont land Fisher) and he said the focus should be on GM if we dont land Fisher. Weve done our part when it comes to interviewing candidates at GM and HC, but I also think its important to find a good match.