Quick Progressing with Shoulder Rehab

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
View: http://www.stlouisrams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Quick-Progressing-with-Shoulder-Rehab/00539de0-65ed-43e1-a9a2-18b36d03184d

Posted Jun 5, 2015

Myles SimmonsRams Insider@MylesASimmons

ArticleQuickCover.jpg

Wide receiver Brian Quick has been working diligently to get back to full strength after suffering a season-ending shoulder injury last Oct. 26 against the Chiefs. While the wideout is still limited in what he can do on the field, head coach Jeff Fisher said on Thursday that Quick is coming along well.

“We’ll have to watch him, keep him out of contact, but he’s running routes against air,” Fisher said. “He’s catching and progressing nicely.”

It’s been a long process to rehab an injury so extensive that it surprised the wide receiver.

“That’s what really kind of got me,” Quick said. “It was pretty bad.”

tempAP939402554415_13--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

But he said his mindset has been in the right place to physically recover.

“Anybody can give up and think it’s over,” he said. “I thought the opposite.”

On Thursday, he gave plenty of credit to the Rams’ head athletic trainer Reggie Scott and assistant athletic trainer Byron Cunningham for their assistance in the process.

“Byron working with me this offseason -- we came together and worked really hard,” Quick said. “When I say ‘we,’ he put a lot into it. And I definitely came in and put in the work as well.”

The wide receiver said he felt he turned a corner about two months ago, while working through some drills with Cunningham.

“They saw I was coming along a little bit further than expected, so we just went from there,” Quick said.

Now at OTAs, the wide receiver has been able to participate in some positional drills, but he’s not been cleared to do much else quite yet.

“It’s always hard, coming out here seeing these guys work, and you have to sit down and watch them,” Quick said. “You want to be out there so badly, but you have to just be patient. It’ll come.”

The wideout has to be smart with how he maneuvers his shoulder at this point, a task made easier by the trust he’s gained from the training staff. Quick said that he’s gotten hold of how his body will react to different movements he makes on the field, and how he catches balls.

So while there is still no set schedule for Quick’s full return, he said that once it happens, he’ll be primed to make an impact.

“I know that when it’s time, I’m going to be ready,” Quick said.