Quick out for season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
So how come only Rams receivers need a min. of 2 years? Tavon Austin, a #8th overall pick, how many years one should wait before he develops?

Agreed. Fuck development. I can name 100 players in the past 5 years who came in and contributed immediately. Sammy Watkins sure hasn't found it difficult to adjust. Same with John Brown. I have no patience for this shit anymore. Start producing.

lockdnram21

Legend
So how come only Rams receivers need a min. of 2 years? Tavon Austin, a #8th overall pick, how many years one should wait before he develops?
Tavon was drafted to high. Hes not a outside receiver. Teams are guarding him different then last year. He has trouble getting separation. It took VJax 3 years. Demaryius thomas wasnt that good his first couple years. Also most other teams have vets to help teach. You see how much of a benefit Britt was to Quick

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope they try Tavon on the outside. Maybe actually use him for once.
You think that would work better than running him inside?? Lol
I am speechless when it comes to him. I have no clue as to what they want to do with him.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
You think that would work better than running him inside?? Lol
I am speechless when it comes to him. I have no clue as to what they want to do with him.

Neither do I.

Sincerely,

Brian Schottenheimer.

Demaryius thomas wasnt that good his first couple years.

His second year he was injured for half of it and had Tim Tebow throwing to him the other half, having actually watched a lot of his second year he was far better than the stats indicate.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
His second year he was injured for half of it and had Tim Tebow throwing to him the other half, having actually watched a lot of his second year he was far better than the stats indicate.
So was Quick. He had his breakout game against Carolina, but then Clemens couldn't make the throws to him, so he had maybe 9 catches the rest of the season.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Demaryius thomas wasnt that good his first couple years.
D.Thomas is a great example of the development conundrum. He is almost for sure gone as a free agent next year, so Denver got to enjoy him for just three productive years. And he represents one of the best-case scenarios. He developed to a lot higher level than most, and he's still in Denver only because they signed him to an original 5-year contract (and with the good luck he didn't get injured like Quick). And with all that good fortune, they got 3 seasons.

The final kick in the pants of this injury is it occurred just after Quick got credited for his third accrued season, so he's still on track to be an unrestricted free agent after 2015. So it is great to see Quick develop, but a shame it might mean the Rams only get Quick for one productive season (assuming he does well and is injury-free next year).

Under the CBA a team can control a rookie for 4 years (5 years possible for 1st rounders, only 3 years for undrafted rookies). The Not For Long aspect to the sport continues to amaze me. Teams want to build through the draft and not use free agency, but if players just leave once they've finally developed it certainly makes it hard to maintain a young, productive roster. And it's not like you can just park a bunch of developing guys in the minor leagues, the roster size is limited, too.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
So, this season we've lost our #1 QB, #1 LT, #1a CB, #1RDE, #1 WR... anything else? What a crushing loss.
Bright side: we can now evaluate A. Davis, B. Jones at C (maybe at RG?), and GRob at LT. But Quick will be un-replaceable.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
We must bring back the BLUE and WHITE uniforms immediately to break this curse. This will not get better until we see them!