Quick didnt drop the that was just good defense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
just trying to clarify some say he dropped the long pass the defender got his hand in and knocked the ball away as it was hitting his hands.

A55VA6

Legend
I thought that was some pretty good defense on that play. I don't think Quick dropped it.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought that was some pretty good defense on that play. I don't think Quick dropped it.

i know everybody doesnt think he dropped it but i was reading some threads and people said he dropped

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He didn't drop it, still, I was disappointed that he didn't catch it.

lockdnram21

Legend
He didn't drop it, still, I was disappointed that he didn't catch it.

it wasnt his fault so how can you be disapointed if he would have moved the defenders hand it would have been offensive pi

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
it wasnt his fault so how can you be disapointed if he would have moved the defenders hand it would have been offensive pi

Because big time receivers make big time plays. He could have used his body better, he could have been more physical and he could have made the difficult catch.

I know it's not routine but we grabbed the guy because of his size and athleticism expecting he'd develop into the type of WR that TO, Fitzgerald, Alshon Jeffery, Dez Bryant, AJ Green, etc. were/are. And in order to be that type of WR, Quick's gotta start making the difficult plays.

lockdnram21

Legend
Because big time receivers make big time plays. He could have used his body better, he could have been more physical and he could have made the difficult catch.

I know it's not routine but we grabbed the guy because of his size and athleticism expecting he'd develop into the type of WR that TO, Fitzgerald, Alshon Jeffery, Dez Bryant, AJ Green, etc. were/are. And in order to be that type of WR, Quick's gotta start making the difficult plays.

if you say so you just dont like the kid i dont think none of the receivers you named would have made the catch if anything it was clemens fault . Quick had him beat by like 2 steps by the time the ball made it there the db put his hand in there in perfect time to swat it away as it hit quicks hands. ive seen every receiver ou named miss catches like that.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
if you say so you just dont like the kid i dont think none of the receivers you named would have made the catch if anything it was clemens fault . Quick had him beat by like 2 steps by the time the ball made it there the db put his hand in there in perfect time to swat it away as it hit quicks hands. ive seen every receiver ou named miss catches like that.
I disagree. Watch the replay and you may see that Quick turns his head way too early which allows the defender to react in plenty of time to cover him up. If he waits a tick before disclosing the ball's coming, he has a touch more space and could probably of made the catch. The throw was pretty damn good, probably a foot short of perfect.

lockdnram21

Legend
I disagree. Watch the replay and you may see that Quick turns his head way too early which allows the defender to react in plenty of time to cover him up. If he waits a tick before disclosing the ball's coming, he has a touch more space and could probably of made the catch. The throw was pretty damn good, probably a foot short of perfect.

like i told the other guy you just dont like quick so your down on him cause of his past play but your opinion is your opinion and i respect even if i dont agree

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I've seen them miss catches like that too. It happens. I've also seen them make catches like that. And that's where the difference lies. Examples?
(Dez Bryant's catch is #1)

I have nothing against Quick. I am sorry if my expectations are too high but with Quick's talent and size, I expect him to be the type of guy that will make some of these ridiculous catches. So yes, I am disappointed that he didn't come up with the ball.

It was Clemens's fault. But he's a poor deep ball thrower. That's one of the issues you have with him. He could have hit Quick in stride, that all said, it was still a catchable ball. Very difficult catch but one I hope Quick is capable of making.

lockdnram21

Legend
i guess if you say so i didnt see your example where did you go to see it. maybe if clemens actually targeted quick more he could get comfortable and make ths big catches. i think hes in there just to be a blocker.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i guess if you say so i didnt see your example where did you go to see it. maybe if clemens actually targeted quick more he could get comfortable and make ths big catches. i think hes in there just to be a blocker.

Which example? Each video is an example of a WR making a difficult catch with the defenders hand or arm in their trying to jar it loose.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
like i told the other guy you just dont like quick so your down on him cause of his past play but your opinion is your opinion and i respect even if i dont agree
I've never said I don't like Quick. I haven't liked his play MOST of the time. He has flashed here and there and may very well blossom next season but right now, he's a #3, not close to the #1 we were led to believe we were getting when he was drafted ahead of Alshon Jeffery which I didn't want in the draft. And I know most WRs take a couple of seasons to translate their skills to the NFL game but as of late, a few have really come on earlier than tradition dictates, just not Quick.

lockdnram21

Legend
i cant see them on my screen at all it just says example where do i go on internet to see example? is it on youtube?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I agree with jrry here and did at the time, the DB had his hand in front of Quick long enough Quick had time to counter and high point IMO Pettis would have tried harder

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I agree with jrry here and did at the time, the DB had his hand in front of Quick long enough Quick had time to counter and high point IMO Pettis would have tried harder
I wish we could put Pettis's concentration, hands and route running on Brian Quick's body

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
A better receiver catches that ball. Sure it's a tough catch but a catch that warrants Quick to come down with. I don't think Quick played the ball well. IMHO, hes very upgradable and is pushing "bubble status" going into next season. Not saying he'll be cut next year, but the should know what they have in him after next season. Hopefully he breaks out sooner than later. His "young receiver" beings to wear off in year 3.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
2014 will be Quick's time to put up or shut up. Right now he certainly doesn't look anything like the 33rd pick in the draft. I'm sure we all hope it all comes together for him next year. It could happen. But, we can't rely on it happening. He may very well be no better than a backup WR. There would be no talk about drafting a WR in the 1st round if Quick performed up to what we expected.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I like Quick and think he gets too much grief for where he was drafted. And I agree that the way that play worked out he did not drop the pass. However, I also agree with Jrry I was disappointed he did not make a better play on the ball. He waited for the ball to come to him as if he was uncovered. With a defender on him that tight he needed to gather himself and leap to try and catch the ball at the highest point he could reach. It would have been a great play but that is the kind of guy we need on the outside running those routes.