Quick check-in on the WR depth chart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Yeah, seems McVay wants Thomas regardless of injury and 4 weeks of suspension.

Austin, Woods, Kupp, Cooper, Thomas...

Reynolds, it would be hard to cut a 4th rounder but it's been done, cut and move to practice squad but all things being equal with anyone else, Reynolds prob takes that last spot.

If not, Spruce or McRoberts maybe? Spruce or McRoberts needs to show a ton in the preseason... and how easy will that be with Mannion and Orlovsky throwing to them.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Remember Thomas doesn't count on the roster for the first 4 games so his spot may be temporarily taken up by another WR or another player. Thomas is probably safer because this offense needs players to take the top off the defense. In terms of upside as a deep threat on the roster Thomas is only behind Reynolds, but I am intrigued by Shakier Ryan as well.

I see it this way for the first 4 games and then there is a probable shakeup after Thomas is activated

X- Woods, Reynolds
Z- Tavon, Cooper
Y-Kupp, Spruce

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
because of Tavon's injury, Thomas was taking reps in OTAs when Tavon was out.

However it is , or was Pharoh is going to make the 53. He is looking real good.

Spruuce is hot & cold. Maybe it is because Mannion is not playing all that well. In fact I think that is why The Rams brought in Oryovsky

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Nothing Thomas did in mini-camp should erase his drops last year in real games..now add the suspension... he's not as high on the list IMO... Thomas has to prove he deserves to make this team...

shovelpass

Hall of Fame

Spruuce is hot & cold. Maybe it is because Mannion is not playing all that well. In fact I think that is why The Rams brought in Oryovsky
I think Cooper makes the team, he has value in STs as well. Spruce too. I think that the Rams will probably carry 7 Wrs, Tavon hasn't been healthy, I think McVay could use different WR sets for certain matchups, and the bottom end guys (Spruce, Thomas, Cooper) have value on special teams.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Nothing Thomas did in mini-camp should erase his drops last year in real games..now add the suspension... he's not as high on the list IMO... Thomas has to prove he deserves to make this team...
1 drop last season(2 if you count the kick off return), in real games. McVay speaks highly of him.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Personally I think Woods, Kupp, Tavon, Thomas, Reynolds, and Cooper are all locks. cooper is a good wr and a good STer, and imo the replacement for Tavon next year in that gadget role.

lockdnram21

Legend
Mcvay likes him and keeps saying we can't wait until he gets back he's a lockbbuddy

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

if that interception is anything to go by spruce can't show what he's got. waaaay over him.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally I think Woods, Kupp, Tavon, Thomas, Reynolds, and Cooper are all locks. cooper is a good wr and a good STer, and imo the replacement for Tavon next year in that gadget role.

i hope tavon makes that decision impossible to enact.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Two other possibilities:

1. Keeping 7 wideouts. Which is unlikely given the expectation to run a lot of 12 personnel.

2. Trading Tavon. This becomes an option if they feel he's not going to stretch the field for them as a receiver this year.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
i hope tavon makes that decision impossible to enact.

imo, itll be next to impossible for that to happen. doubt he'll ever be a better route runner than woods or kupp which essentially puts him 3rd wr at best and for an offense that uses its TEs a lot theres no way you can afford to spend that much money on you're 3rd wr. obviously the gadget type things he can do is where he'd ideally make his worth, but even so I dont think itll be enough to justify that price with this offense. and like I said, i really think cooper is a good replacement for that gadget role