Quick and Easy(?) Trivia question!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which Rams QB rushed for the Most TD's

• Bob Waterfield

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Roman Gabriel

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Norm Van Brocklin

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • James Harris

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Billy Wade

• Pat Haden

• Total voters

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here's one that could be quick and easy to answer, for some! Which Rams QB Has rushed for the most TD's!?
As a Tease, I'll tell you this much. Two of the QB's Listed are on the TOP 20 All-Time List in the NFL!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No clue....but NVB is one of the greats....I go him in all records. Although I wanted to go Pat Haden

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
:D Keep those votes coming guys, your all going to be smiling when I give you the stats!!!(y);):snicker:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Seems to obvious to me.
Obvious!?! I though it would be, but you'll be surprised when you hear how close #1 and #2 are All time! They are #15 and #19 in the Top 20 QB's for rushing TD's All-Time!

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I went with Roman Gabriel as the other guys for the most part weren't starters for the Rams long enough. Back in the day Roman was the Rock of the franchise, never came out of the game, and never really got injured though he took some heavy shots in his time.

Haden was really mobile and fast and all but I don't think he was the starter long enough to accrue enough rushing TDs.

Was tempted to go with James Harris because I remember him being one of the best QB sneak guys ever. Heh.....on 3rd or 4th and a yard he would get the snap and jump over the pile and get some of the toughest yards you'll ever see.
But, again, I don't think he started long enough to set any records. Dude could throw a football from goal line to goal line but, alas, was not the most accurate.

~ArkyRamsFan~

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Obvious!?! I though it would be, but you'll be surprised when you hear how close #1 and #2 are All time! They are #15 and #19 in the Top 20 QB's for rushing TD's All-Time!
Close? #1 has over double what #2 has :)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
wut? Kellen Clemmons isn't one of the possibilities?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Close? #1 has over double what #2 has :)
Not according to the Stats that I have. #1 has 28 rushing TD's for the Rams and #2 had 16 TD's for the Rams! There rushing for other teams gives them there Places on the All Time Top 20 List!(y);):D

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not according to the Stats that I have. #1 has 28 rushing TD's for the Rams and #2 had 16 TD's for the Rams! There rushing for other teams gives them there Places on the All Time Top 20 List!(y);):D
But you phrased the question which Rams QB rushed for the most TD's. Their Rams scores are 28 to 13 from what I've seen.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
But you phrased the question which Rams QB rushed for the most TD's. Their Rams scores are 28 to 13 from what I've seen.
I just went back and double checked, The scores are actually 28 for #1 and 10 for number two, when they where with the Rams!
So you where correct when you originally said #1 had more than double what #2 had with the Rams!(y)(y)
But we are only looking for #1 anyway! All the rest is just more great Trivia. #1 Finished his career with 30 Rushing TD's and #2 finished his Career with 24 Rushing TD's!
I give the stats on everyone else with the Answer Tomorrow, sometime!:D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Thanks for playing along everyone 50% of you got it right! Roman Gabriel was the Best By Far!!

Gab2.jpg

He rushed for 28 TD's as a Ram, and then added 2 more TD's when he was with Philly, to finish his career @ #15 on the top 20 QB's of all-time Just behind #14 Fran Tarkenton (32) and just ahead of #16 Donavon McNabb(29)!

I know you are all probably wonder who Number two was, well it was Billy Wade!
bill_wade_1962.jpg

Wade made 10 rushing TD's in his 7 years with the Rams, I know that Pales compared to Gab's numbers, but he added 14 more rushing TD's when he moved on and played for Da Bears! which puts him at #19 on the Top 20 list!
As a side note Wade was probably the Rams 1st "TV Star" when he appeared on the ' Donna Reed Show' in 1959!

Wade3.jpg

Edit: I forgot, the others
* Waterfield had 8 TD's rushing
* Van Brocklin had 8 TD's rushing
* James Harris had 8 TD's rushing and
* Haden had 6 TD's rushing!
these are the top 6 Rams, So Far!!

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What amazed me about Gabriel, was how long he played after leaving the Rams. Back then I was a kid in Whittier, and when he left the Rams it was as if he had died to me, because I only cared about the Rams and the teams playing the Rams. I probably remember Hadl, Harris, Namath, Haden, and Ferragamo back then than Roman Gabriel...