Question!?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was just wondering what is the reason, Official, or otherwise. Why can NFL Teams only suit-up 48 players on game day!? Why can't they suit-up their entire 54 man roster!? It would help teams in their rotation, cut down on fatigue, and, I believe, make the game more exciting!
I would love to know what the 'Official' reason is, and what every ones opinion is on this subject!!!!

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Makes no sense to me either. There getting paid they should be able to suit up

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I was just wondering what is the reason, Official, or otherwise. Why can NFL Teams only suit-up 48 players on game day!? Why can't they suit-up their entire 54 man roster!? It would help teams in their rotation, cut down on fatigue, and, I believe, make the game more exciting!
I would love to know what the 'Official' reason is, and what every ones opinion is on this subject!!!!
It has everything to do with competitive balance on gameday. If they were allowed to dress the entire 53 man roster, and one team had players who were too injured to particpate that particular day, they would be at a competitive disadvantage. Much the same way baseball only allows a 25 man active roster, or hockey only allows teams to dress 20 for any given game, it's so BOTH teams are on a level playing field, so to speak relative to the roster when the game starts.

Otherwise, what teams were doing, were stashing players who had minor injuries on IR, when they didn't have season ending injuries. They took a big step 2 years ago, with allowing teams to designate ONE player who was placed on IR, to be activated during the season. But, even if they do in fact expand the gameday active roster, I doubt seriously they will ever go all the way to making the entire roster available.