Question

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I know this isn't so much a Rams question, but do you guys think if AP never played again in the NFL that he's a HOF back? Single game rushing record, second highest single season rushing total, 5th fastest to 10k. Does this whole recent scandal effect anything?

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
yea off the field shit definitely factors into the Hall. at least it's suppose to. maybe it might depend on the court outcome or maybe not. But his current body of work would already have him in IMO. but if this child beating is as bad as it sounds than fuck him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If Peterson gets in with those credentials, then Steven Jackson should be a lock. Since he's not, I'm going to say, "no". Especially not since he whipped his four-year-old son for nothing.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Unless he's found innocent, I don't see the NFL inviting the PR mess on them again by inducting Peterson.

Now if he had been inducted and THEN this came out, it'd be a different story. But inducting AP would read to some like endorsing his off the field actions.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Voters are easily influenced lot, they may not be MLB, but they're still easily swayed by outside forces. Remember how they'd always turn a blind eye to Irvin? If Peterson doesn't play another down because of this child abuse suit then he can kiss his Hall of Fame chances goodbye forever.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
yea off the field crap definitely factors into the Hall. at least it's suppose to. maybe it might depend on the court outcome or maybe not. But his current body of work would already have him in IMO. but if this child beating is as bad as it sounds than freak him.
IF these allegations are True he should be banned for Life and that would keep him out of the HOF!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Doubtful,especially since the current environment about his issue has only begun to gain momentum,5 years from now ( if he retires now)the advocacy influence that will exist will be much more organized and able to apply so much pressure besides the Leagues increasing willingness to yield to "causes" for PR reasons ,uphill battle to say the least.
AND FWIW I think a lot of guys in this league need to get the message that a host of their behaviors need to be curtailed

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If he doesn't put some serious damage control on his reputation, he will not get in.