Question for QB gurus

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Have any of you watched Jacoby Brissett of NC State? I hadnt even heard of him til today, he looked pretty impressive to me against a good FSU D. He's big and strong, arm strength appeared good. He's athletic and while he doesnt look to run the ball he can move the chains. He's a junior so he could come out if his draft stock looks good. Would he be worthy of a 1st rd pick or maybe be available in 2nd rd?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Have any of you watched Jacoby Brissett of NC State? I hadnt even heard of him til today, he looked pretty impressive to me against a good FSU D. He's big and strong, arm strength appeared good. He's athletic and while he doesnt look to run the ball he can move the chains. He's a junior so he could come out if his draft stock looks good. Would he be worthy of a 1st rd pick or maybe be available in 2nd rd?
1st round too rich for my blood. The QB outta UNC looked good too. Maybe FSU D is overrated...Cream does seem to be rising to the top....Winston & Hundley have looked better and better to me.....Wanna see some more of Cook & Marriota...Hogan & Petty looked like garbage...but one game can change my mind too quick... I wanna see the NC State guy vs Clemson...or somebody in a bowl game.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
He is a kid with a lot of tools and talent. The gripe from Florida fans is he wanted to play hoops and did not concentrate enough on football. He is with the right coach now and he is probably lucky now he didn't go to Wisconsin.

Big arm, good balance and accuracy on the deep ball. As of now making good decisions and shows a good pocket presence.

Needs to work on his throwing motion, drops his elbow quite a bit and does that even if he has time to throw. It's a bad habit he needs to break. Would like to see him make quicker decisions and get rid of the ball quicker. That could come with experience and filmwork though.

He had talent, should be fun to see his progress. But right now it's a little early to grade him and I would be surprised if he did not return to school next year

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
He improved his stock atm from a late round/udfa grade, but not to the point of a 1st or 2nd round grade. He did get himself noticed though big time, which was the best he could of hoped for. Scouts are sure to have taken notice and will monitor him. still way to early in the season though, but if he continues to play like he did today I'd say an early mid-late mid round grade, that is a big if though. And as Boston mentioned, would not be surprised to see him return next season, and also needs to work on his throwing mechanics, was to easy to see the problems with it. He showed amazing escapability and a good relentlessness, I will give him that. He is definitely someone who was not on my radar at all before today that I will be monitoring now. Made some truly amazing plays under massive pressure. As this was the first time I have seen anything on him, will have to watch a lot more before making any kind of real justified opinion though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember him from UF. Watched the game today. Made some impressive plays. He'll get looks due to his tools(6'5", strong arm, good mobility) but I don't know about 1st/2nd round right now. Can't discount it but I gotta see more.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Muschamp must be hating life right now. Yea Driskell was a 5 star recruit, but he has been absolutely horrible. I must admit I am biased though as a Gator fan that hates Muschamp.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Muschamp must be hating life right now. Yea Driskell was a 5 star recruit, but he has been absolutely horrible. I must admit I am biased though as a Gator fan that hates Muschamp.

I am an objective Gator fan that does not like Muschamp. ;)

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I am an objective Gator fan that does not like Muschamp. ;)
Are there any Gator fans out there anymore that do like Muschamp?:LOL: How he got another year I'll never know.

RFIP

Yesterday was the first time I saw the kid play, if you are of the opinion that our next QB needs to be "athletic" then he certainly fits the bill.

I saw about a half of the game and the one TD where he broke to tackles to keep a play alive then threw a 10 yard TD was very impressive. I also saw him his a deep throw down the left sideline because he didn't set his feet and relied on his arm talent, not unlike Cam I might add (not to compare the two) which is often the case with the athletic QB. Something that is difficult to coach out of a guy.

I want to see more of him however. Are there any other red flags than the 2 sport/possible lack of work thing? Any trouble with the law? How smart is he? How important is football to him really? Etc.

He's someone to keep an eye on though.

RFIP

OT.

2013 Was in Orlando and went to the stadium, it was a day in mid August where they let potential ticket buyers in and on the field. It was such a surreal feeling for me and my boy and wife for that matter. I was shocked at how the grass was like a putting green! Up north it's cut 3-4" high and made for plodders.

Took lots of pics in the stadium and out front of the Heisman trophy winners including some of the plaque of Jack Youngblood.

We have friends down there and are taking the entire family back next August.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanx for your scouting reports/opinions, I was under the impression he was more of a known commodity. Worth keeping an eye on.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
At this point he is not a 1st round pick. I think he will go 2nd-3rd rounds. I have a sense he could be steal because he is very athletic with a strong arm but not getting the press like other QBs so most teams may overlook him. We need to see how he finishes the season to determine if he would be a good fit.