Question about Robinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would suggest reviewing the first half of the MU game. Auburn early in the game tried to pass a little more than usual while MU stacked the box. Kony Ealy gave Robinson fits in pass pro. IMO, Ealy owned him. Kony had two sacks by my eyes. Others say only 1.

Starting in the 2nd Qtr Auburn switched to their option run game and it was over from there. MU played a lot of 3-4 which they never do and it was a disaster.

I did. From what I recall, there was still very limited film. The majority of passing plays had him slide down inside and anchor in. I do remember him getting beaten once when he was on an island and I think it was Ealy who did it.

Alan

Legend
I guess that's where we differ. I thought Matthews did a heck of a job at OT this year. It's hard to be a shutdown LT with a guy like Manziel. Because as much as he helps you with his running ability, he also hurts you by getting greedy, holding the ball too long and running himself into pressure.

In the games I watched, I rarely saw Matthews get straight up beaten by the man he was blocking.

I only saw him play against Missouri so if you've seen a lot more of him then I'll give your opinion some heavy weight and not freak out if we draft him in the top 5.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Less talent than Orlando? ;)

Orlando Pace was 6'7" and 325 lbs. Greg Robinson is 6'5" and 320 lbs. They have very similar size. I wouldn't deny Robinson's "talent" but maybe his experience and technique. I think those things could be coached into him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I only saw him play against Missouri so if you've seen a lot more of him then I'll give your opinion some heavy weight and not freak out if we draft him in the top 5.

Feel free to freak out, I've done it many times. It makes the draft that much more interesting. ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Orlando Pace was 6'7" and 325 lbs. Greg Robinson is 6'5" and 320 lbs. They have very similar size. I wouldn't deny Robinson's "talent" but maybe his experience and technique. I think those things could be coached into him.

I wasn't old enough to evaluate Orlando back then but from everything that is said, it seems that he was a monster LT prospect. The guy got drafted before Walter Jones in the same class who was a freakish talent himself. I just don't think Robinson is on that tier. It's like comparing a QB prospect to Peyton Manning. They better be really really elite.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I wasn't old enough to evaluate Orlando back then but from everything that is said, it seems that he was a monster LT prospect. The guy got drafted before Walter Jones in the same class who was a freakish talent himself. I just don't think Robinson is on that tier. It's like comparing a QB prospect to Peyton Manning. They better be really really elite.

I only make this comparison to emphasize his potential. Nothing is 100% certain for anyone making this transition but there are HOF players that come out of every draft so you never know.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I only make this comparison to emphasize his potential. Nothing is 100% certain for anyone making this transition but there are HOF players that come out of every draft so you never know.

Very true.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Though i prefer neither of them come draft time, if I had to make a choice it would be Matthews. Matthews might not have the high ceiling or the raw potential that Robinson has, but at least we know what we are getting with him.

I don't want a tackle who is a major project at pass protection, that just screams bad news to me. If they are taking a tackle that early, iI rather take the guy who we know what we are getting with him, regardless if someone else has more "potential".

duckhunter

Starter
I did. From what I recall, there was still very limited film. The majority of passing plays had him slide down inside and anchor in. I do remember him getting beaten once when he was on an island and I think it was Ealy who did it.
Go back to Auburn Arkansas game last year, Chris Smith and the Freshman hung 5 or so sacks on Auburn. Smith put up a sack against robinson again this year but the offensive style changed.

The change to that triple option run offense for Auburn was the night and day difference from last year to this year.

There's some projection with Robinson on pass pro.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Go back to Auburn Arkansas game last year, Chris Smith and the Freshman hung 5 or so sacks on Auburn. Smith put up a sack against robinson again this year but the offensive style changed.

The change to that triple option run offense for Auburn was the night and day difference from last year to this year.

There's some projection with Robinson on pass pro.

Will do, Duck. :)