Question about Long Snapper Recruiting

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
If I remember correctly a very similar situation occurred with Chris Massey the long snapper that McQuaide replaced. From what I recall Massey had gotten to a certain salary range and was removed in favor of the younger and cheaper McQuaide.
Looks like history could repeat itself......

~ArkyRamsFan~
P.S. Also, from what I recall Massey was an excellent long snapper in his own right and I think he only had one bad snap before being let go......

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I believe they are preparing in case someone offers McQuaide more then the Rams are willing to spend.
Oh boy, of course....But isn't a guy that does the job as well as he does...isn't he worth a couple hundred thousand more? I like the value of worry free snaps to Johnny Hekker that this guy provides. He's worth more than Tavon Austin to this team, imo.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He's worth more than Tavon Austin to this team, imo.

Well, considering Austin will be cut soon, you are right on point. This is tough for me because I was a long snapper in High School, for the Air Force and in college, but I just think the Rams wanted to see what was out there and again just for a plan B.

I concur pay Jake McQuaide, he has not a had a bad snap since being with the Rams (2011) however, Jake is 30 and the Rams could be concerned about him breaking down. We don't know at this point, but I remember when the Rams cut their last long snapper for an unknown McQuiade in Chris Massey back in 2011. Massey was an All Pro too, however, he was 30 back then and only played one more season, so maybe there is a Life Expectancy for Long Snappers.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I guess they're just doing there due diligence as others have said, but I agree McQuaide is a rock at LS for the Rams, I don't want to break up the ST if it can be helped. BUT, I totally trust McVay and Coach Bones here, we don't know the whole story do we, has McQuaide (Agent) hinted that he wants a huge payday? Is he interested in another team? I do get what @LoyalRam with regards of the East-West being a good place to scout & interview other key positions of need, after all most Long Snappers are picked up un-drafted...