Question about London and Mexico games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
The teams that lose home games, do the stadium employees get compensated for losing a tenth of their salaries? And what about the local businesses in the area? They should get something. If the NFL feels that it's that lucrative to have those games played over there then there should be enough for them. Or do they not care about the little guy. Do they consider them acceptable losses?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Please fate almighty, do not let the NFL play in Mexico with the cartels roaming about. London, I'm fine with. Germany, I'm fine with. Hell, I'm even fine with Brazil and Japan, if they'll allow it. But don't play in Mexico. That's just asking for ransoms and killings.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Please fate almighty, do not let the NFL play in Mexico with the cartels roaming about. London, I'm fine with. Germany, I'm fine with. Hell, I'm even fine with Brazil and Japan, if they'll allow it. But don't play in Mexico. That's just asking for ransoms and killings.
Excellent point!!
But they could make it a 49er/Cowboys game ( or N.E.) and who cares!! Have at it!!:rolllaugh::rolllaugh:

DenverRam

Starter
In madden if you move a team to mexico and call them the "Conquistadors" they have a stadium called the City of Gold. Pretty cool ;p

I would like to see the NFL expand to Canada and Mexico before they take on a London franchise. Jaguars already in the AFC south, could work.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan

Mexico isn't as bad as the media portrays it to be, they tend to think Tijuana and the border represents the entire country. Mexico City is a beautiful place.

In madden if you move a team to mexico and call them the "Conquistadors" they have a stadium called the City of Gold. Pretty cool ;p

inb4 allegations of racism from a historical context because conquistadors were pretty much colonial glory hounds in Central and South America.

fearsomefour

Legend
its beautiful but incredibly corrupt, tijuana is nuts. been there a couple times.
If you get out of the cities it used to be amazing. Some amazing camping and fishing trips down in Baja in the middle of nowhere. No electricity, no running water, no people at all. Just me and my wife a cabin a little boat with an outboard and all the fresh fish one could catch. Amazing vacations.
Tijuana is a nightmare, stay away.

iced

Disagree - the Cartels make their money off of drug sales to tourists...

Killing off their customers is not the route they'd want to take, nor would they want to scare money away.

Part of the reason why some Cartels have called a truce and now sell peacefully in Cancun (watched Underworld/Drugs inc. on National Geographic)

\

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I thought stadium employees got paid for game days worked, and it's through the stadium or convention center not the NFL or a team And I wouldn't think a stadium employee is making a living off doing this. Might be a second gig or something to get some extra cash.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Moving a game costs a lot of people money. Imagine 5000 hotel rooms, 100,000 meals, 200,000 beers,cab fares, tips, vending, etc. much moola changing hands.