Quentin Lake My Opinion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Round 6 @ 211

S Quentin Lake: This pick is clearly aimed at Taylor Rapp who is a FA in 2023. That said it remains to be seen if he can fill that role. Lake has the size at 6'1" and 201 lbs to fill that hybrid in the box SS role. But Lake's game wouldn't seem to fit that type of usage. I see Lake as a mid-range zone pass defender. Like Rapp, he lacks the speed to play as a deep safety, but his pass defense skills slot him well in that mid-field range. In that mid-range it allows him to use his excellent field vision and his high football IQ. He has good play anticipation and enough speed to respond in a pure zone environment. He's not an in the box defender but is a capable tackler with good technique. Lake lacks high level athleticism and it shows at times especially when tasked with an open field tackle vs an agile ball carrier. That said if properly used Lake can be a productive defender. He is a decent pick in this round. A solid though limited player (i.e. limited ceiling).

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am trying to understand your post. Are you saying that you believe that the Rams picked Lake to be Rapp's replacement, but you know that it isn't likely to pan out that way? So you have a better understanding of where he fits in this D, than the Scouts and the Coaches? It is an odd post, and maybe a weird flex. Not sure I am reading it correctly.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I heard Jourdan say on the 11 Personnel Podcast that the Rams viewed Quentin Lake as the next Jordan Fuller.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I heard Jourdan say on the 11 Personnel Podcast that the Rams viewed Quentin Lake as the next Jordan Fuller.
Rams like lineage and like Coach McVay told Quentin Lake on the draft call, "Loved watching your Dad (Carnell ) play, he was a baller." That's what makes McVay, "McVay."

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Yeah, the Rams have a number of NFL sons. Lake & Yeast this year. Jefferson. Hopkins. Anybody else?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yeah, the Rams have a number of NFL sons. Lake & Yeast this year. Jefferson. Hopkins. Anybody else?
Cooper Kupp and of course, Sean McVay himself...Boy it was tough to Coach the Giants back in the 70's.
1651840484396.png

1651840562148.png