QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Garygd

UDFA
Name
Garygd
coming over from U K soon ,do you think fisher bring in new ab have hill teach advise

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
He's said that Bradford will be back under center next year but not drafting a QB high is a career ending move if Bradford is injured again.

Garygd

UDFA
Name
Garygd
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's said that Bradford will be back under center next year but not drafting a QB high is a career ending move if Bradford is injured again.
Think he needs to move on from Bradford too injury prone , thought Davis was doing alright hope he listens to the seniors could be good for the future

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have no worries because I have complete confidence in Brian Shottenheimer and QB Coach Frank Cignetti...I mean after winning 52-0, who wouldn't?:whistle:

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm all in on Bradford. The kid has top notch character. I know it takes more than that but he's got what your looking for as the face of your franchise.

Sam has all the skills necessary to be a franchise QB and has proven that on the field. He can make every throw, with his accuracy, touch, and arm strength he can be down right scary.

The only thing holding him back is he can't stay on the field. For me it's just plain bad luck. He's due to catch a break (no pun intended) and put in a full season.

I don't know how anyone can not like this kid? I'm pulling for him to make a complete recovery and light it up next season with Quick, Bailey, Austin, Britt, and Traymay at his disposal.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Any QB we draft will be a hail mary pass for Fisher's career here in St.Louis. To be frank, if Bradford doesn't work next year I think Fisher gets shipped.

Now, hail mary passes can be successful so I definitely think he drafts a guy early, round 3 or 4 and maybe 2. But don't be expecting him to trade up and grab a QB of the future. Fisher already thinks Bradford is that guy.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I'm all in on Bradford. The kid has top notch character. I know it takes more than that but he's got what your looking for as the face of your franchise.

Sam has all the skills necessary to be a franchise QB and has proven that on the field. He can make every throw, with his accuracy, touch, and arm strength he can be down right scary.

The only thing holding him back is he can't stay on the field. For me it's just plain bad luck. He's due to catch a break (no pun intended) and put in a full season.

I don't know how anyone can not like this kid? I'm pulling for him to make a complete recovery and light it up next season with Quick, Bailey, Austin, Britt, and Traymay at his disposal.

A+

Memphis Ram

Legend
I am a Sam Bradford fan.

However, if the Rams run the table with Shaun Hill at QB (going 9-7), how does Fisher turn the reins back over to the guy with a huge contract who would have missed the last 25 regular season games?

And if Sam Bradford is Fisher's guy, why would the team spend a 1st round pick on another QB? Wouldn't such a high selection say, "that guy is the Rams QB? Not Sam Bradford."

And how does using a high selection on a rookie potentially save Fisher's bacon if Bradford gets hurt again? Not all rookies come in ready to play and be effective immediately.

Last edited:

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
coming over from U K soon ,do you think fisher bring in new ab have hill teach advise
Welcome Garygd, I think we sink or swim with Bradford next year.But having a rookie ready to at least learn and someday lead this team should be a priority.

fearsomefour

Legend
Depends. If the salary is reduced it is sort of a no brainer to keep him. If the D comes together and plays up to potential and the other (non QB issues) on the O are fixed (O line play, consistent running game) there is no reason a solid vet QB like Hill could lead the Rams to a 10-6 record and a play off spot.
If the NFC playoff teams shake out as being Arizona, Atlanta, Green Bay, Philly, Seattle and say Detroit. I would count 2 "elite" QBs in that group (Rogers and Wilson). A top flight QB will certainly help the cause but it is not mandatory if the rest of the team takes the next step.

Ramathon

I am a Sam Bradford fan.

However, if the Rams run the table with Shaun Hill at QB (going 9-7), how does Fisher turn the reins back over to the guy with a huge contract who would have missed the last 25 regular season games?

And if Sam Bradford is Fisher's guy, why would the team spend a 1st round pick on another QB? Wouldn't such a high selection say, "that guy is the Rams QB? Not Sam Bradford."

And how does using a high selection on a rookie potentially save Fisher's bacon if Bradford gets hurt again? Not all rookies come in ready to play and be effective immediately.

I don't think that's as true today as it was when Bradford was selected first under the old CBA.

Ideally, I would hope it would become a Favre/Rogers kinda thing where the draftee doesn't see the field for at least the first yr.

(P.S. - Because I just know somebody is going to accuse me of comparing Bradford to Favre, I will simply echo Rogers....'R-e-l-a-x-!'. I'm just using the Favre/Rogers scenario as an example of what I think would be ideal for the Rams to have happen)

FRO

Legend
You know what really sucks is that Bradford was having his best camp and he looked great in preseason. It's also odd that he and Long tore the same knee they had fixed in the offseason. I think either their surgery was botched, or their rehab process was botched. If Bradford were healthy I think we are a 8 win team right now.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
If he stays next year, then we need to draft a QB high in the draft. SIMPLE
I was a fan of Sam, still am, but he cannot play if he is injured. I do not want another season of questions at the QB position.
This team has far too much talent and if we gamble on Sam again, I fear we are putting our chips down on the wrong player..

I guess the only saving grace about Sam getting injured before the season starts, it gives him around 2 and a half months more recovery than last year.
I just have worries about him getting jittery in the pocket now. Who wouldn't be scared about getting hit when you've had two ACL tears in 2 years.

Time to draft a QB this year. No 6th round on Garret bloody gilbert. You go in and get a QB high

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
You go in and get a QB high
If you do that, how do you "fix" the OL? IMO, this is the only real hole on this team. Also, if A. Cooper and/or K. White are still on the board when we draft can you really pass on them? I say extend Sam, re-sign S. Hill and take a QB in the 3rd or maybe trade up into the 4th depending on who is available.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Bradford is the best chance to win and make the playoffs next year. Bring Hill back to be the backup and I guess take a flyer on a qb in the mid rounds. The bad part for the guys saying draft a qb early is that the rams will be drafting in the mid to late teens and this qb class is aweful. Cook says he is staying in school, I still think winston will stay another year, and hundley isnt mentally ready for the nfl. There is no savior qb in this class just a bunch of guys and if the rams draft one in the first it will just be a wasted pick.

FRO

Legend
I say redo Bradford's contract. Get the best veteran backup you can get. Then keep your options open in the draft. If someone you like is there in the first, then make the pick. If not then pick the best guy. I just don't want to see us get pigeonholed come draft time.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
It really is a shame that the rams didnt take advantage of a much better qb class last draft. If they had taken garrapolo in the second or mettenberger in the fourth we might not be having this debate.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

The only thing holding him back is he can't stay on the field.

Sadly... Staying on the field is a requirement to be a franchise QB. Franchise QB is a guy you can count on to produce year in and year out, being injured frequently means you're not able to produce.

And even then I must admit... Sam still does have to prove he can be consistent.

Keep him around, sure. Whatever. But hedge your bets by giving it all you have to draft a top signal caller who can be the future. Depth, depth, depth.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think that's as true today as it was when Bradford was selected first under the old CBA.

Ideally, I would hope it would become a Favre/Rogers kinda thing where the draftee doesn't see the field for at least the first yr.

(P.S. - Because I just know somebody is going to accuse me of comparing Bradford to Favre, I will simply echo Rogers....'R-e-l-a-x-!'. I'm just using the Favre/Rogers scenario as an example of what I think would be ideal for the Rams to have happen)
The difference there was that Favre was 36 years old and by getting Rodgers at the end of the round they could afford to sit him.
Sam will still only be 27 years old when the season begins.
So I dont understand how this all works out that Bradford returns and they draft a guy with a 1st rounder
What do you do if Bradford is "all that" next year?
Why does Bradford re-sign with a contract on the cheap and watch the Rams draft his replacement?
Doesnt add up IMO