QB School: Matthew Stafford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
wade wilson deadpool GIF

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Gotta love the way he says the reason we dont see a lot of Stafford on QB school is because Stafford makes throws nobody else would even attempt. The way the OL has been playing I could see Stafford playing 3 or more years, maybe longer if they find a beast or 2 to add to the OL. Stafford is still making throws that cant be coached or taught, just pure arm talent and balls.

Shuie3225

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gotta love the way he says the reason we dont see a lot of Stafford on QB school is because Stafford makes throws nobody else would even attempt. The way the OL has been playing I could see Stafford playing 3 or more years, maybe longer if they find a beast or 2 to add to the OL. Stafford is still making throws that cant be coached or taught, just pure arm talent and balls.
Yea we just need to keep him healthy. OL is playing great this year, and we need to keep running the ball well too. This last draft class was so good we should have a ton of flexibility this off season.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I was told by the morons who wanted to tank for Caleb that Stafford was washed...

I don't hear that talk anymore.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Stafford is my favorite Rams QB ever and its not even all that close tbh.

The coaching of all the young guys to keep this team competitive has been deserving of all the praise going their way....
...but without #9 giving us MVP caliber QB play, this roster probably doesn't sniff .500 imo.

Flint

Pro Bowler
That’s the thing with preparing for the next guy, there’s a lot of good qbs to come out of college; Burrow, Herbert, Mahomes, Stroud, and there’s some high picks that we’re starting to wonder about like Wilson, Young and Fields. But of all those guys Mahomes is probably the only one making some of the insane throws Stafford does. Of course you don’t need a qb to do those things to win,(I don’t think Purdy even dreams about some of the throws Stafford makes) but it’s nice to have like when Stafford made crazy throws to carry the rams all the way to a title. Having a young mobile guy is all the rage but they get hurt too, Burrow’s out, Herbert too. Hurts is limping and Stroud’s concussed.
Even if Stafford’s falling off he’s still better than 2/3 of the qbs in the league, we can worry about the next guy later.

MachS

Hall of Fame
That’s the thing with preparing for the next guy, there’s a lot of good qbs to come out of college; Burrow, Herbert, Mahomes, Stroud, and there’s some high picks that we’re starting to wonder about like Wilson, Young and Fields. But of all those guys Mahomes is probably the only one making some of the insane throws Stafford does. Of course you don’t need a qb to do those things to win,(I don’t think Purdy even dreams about some of the throws Stafford makes) but it’s nice to have like when Stafford made crazy throws to carry the rams all the way to a title. Having a young mobile guy is all the rage but they get hurt too, Burrow’s out, Herbert too. Hurts is limping and Stroud’s concussed.
Even if Stafford’s falling off he’s still better than 2/3 of the qbs in the league, we can worry about the next guy later.
To me this is why McVay did the trade for Stafford. When things break down, when the offense doesn't have a decided advantage scheme wise, when the defense calls the perfect play, know passing situations... Etc. Etc. Etc. In these instances Goff rarely played well. But clean pocket, coming off Play action, half field reads, Goff would absolutely shred you up.

But the best of the best, the truly elite guys can still win when they're at a disadvantage. 3rd and long, known passing situations, pass rush with their ears pinned back, play caller picks a bad play... They can still make big plays in these situations. I think Staffords arm and brain just give him a trump all card that, so even if the defense does everything perfect it won't matter.

The way Stafford manipulated that ILB on at the beginning of the video reminded me of the last SB drive and no look throw. Very very similar.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Stafford is my favorite Rams QB ever and its not even all that close tbh.

The coaching of all the young guys to keep this team competitive has been deserving of all the praise going their way....
...but without #9 giving us MVP caliber QB play, this roster probably doesn't sniff .500 imo.
Dude is not only the most talented QB we've ever had but also the coolest. My QB. :trophy: