QB Prospects...For 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Just curious since we picked up that 2nd rounder for next year today, but what do the QB prospects for 2016 look like?

I know it's a ways down the road but I was just curious. Who knows what'll happen, but if we're looking to move up next year, we have some extra ammo...as of right now at least...

Ltrautman

MIZ
Connor Cook out of MSU, Dak Prescott out of the other MSU, Cardale Jones, Christian Hackenberg, Maybe JT Barrett, Maybe Braxton Miller.

Cook almost declared this year and could've been a high pick but that would've been based mainly on potential. He moves well but needs more time to develop.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Outside of Cook, are any of them expected to be highly sought after prospects?

Ltrautman

MIZ
Outside of Cook, are any of them expected to be highly sought after prospects?

It's really too soon to tell. Jones has a ton of potential but only played 3 games, but it would have been the most fulfilling 3 game career in history had he declared this year. If he wins the job at Ohio State and shows his ability is for real, he will probably go top 10.

Rainram

Starter
I've already gone out on the limb early, so I'll stick by it...next year will have some good QB prospects coming out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Next year should have a lot more depth and talent than this year...although I'm not sure there will be a guy as good as Winston at the top. That's assuming the majority of the underclassmen don't return to school. Just some of the names for those wanting guys to watch next year:
  • Cardale Jones QB Ohio State
  • J.T. Barrett QB Ohio State
  • Jared Goff QB Cal
  • Christian Hackenberg QB Penn State
  • Trevone Boykin QB TCU
  • Cody Kessler QB Southern Cal
  • Nate Sudfeld QB Indiana
  • Carson Wentz QB North Dakota State
  • Connor Cook QB Michigan State
  • Dak Prescott QB Mississippi State
  • Jacob Coker QB Alabama
  • Kevin Hogan QB Stanford
  • Brandon Doughty QB Western Kentucky
  • Everett Golson QB Notre Dame
  • Patrick Towles QB Kentucky
  • Jacoby Brissett QB N.C. State
  • Gunner Kiel QB Cincinnati
  • Paxton Lynch QB Memphis
  • Jeremy Johnson QB Auburn
  • Wes Lunt QB Illinois
  • Will Garnder QB Louisville
  • Sefo Liufau QB Colorado
  • Seth Russell QB Baylor
  • Justin Holman QB UCF

Athos

Legend
IF Cardale starts and wrecks havoc, I'd trade the moon to move up for him. I believe he could be that good.

Not many others excite me. Barrett could be a poor man's Wilson or something I suppose.

The others, I'm not sure. They'd need to start and really show some improvement.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
IF Cardale starts and wrecks havoc, I'd trade the moon to move up for him. I believe he could be that good.

Not many others excite me. Barrett could be a poor man's Wilson or something I suppose.

The others, I'm not sure. They'd need to start and really show some improvement.

If Hackenburg can play like he did in his freshmen year, when he had a real offensive line and a receiver that was not a rookie to throw to then he should go back up to the top of the heap of Pocket passers. He makes some sick throws. Last year he was sacked 41 times. Teams just teed off on their Oline and WRs were still running routes wrong and not getting separation. He had one veteran WR in Geno Lewis and Lewis is not NFL material. I saw some improvement on both the Oline and freshman WRs in the Pinstripe bowl and Hackenbergs game was much better than most of the season. The thing is that the PSU Offensive line is still a big question mark filled with Freshmen and Sophomores. They are loaded with young talent at WR but if you cannot block or have a real running game to keep teams honest it is tough to get a good passing game going. Hackenburg developed a bad habit of holding onto the ball too long because targets were not open. He was a different QB when Obrien was the coach and they had a good offensive line.

I hope he decides to stay his Senior year and if that happens we wont be talking about him next offseason.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Next year should have a lot more depth and talent than this year...although I'm not sure there will be a guy as good as Winston at the top. That's assuming the majority of the underclassmen don't return to school. Just some of the names for those wanting guys to watch next year:
  • Cardale Jones QB Ohio State
  • J.T. Barrett QB Ohio State
  • Jared Goff QB Cal
  • Christian Hackenberg QB Penn State
  • Trevone Boykin QB TCU
  • Cody Kessler QB Southern Cal
  • Nate Sudfeld QB Indiana
  • Carson Wentz QB North Dakota State
  • Connor Cook QB Michigan State
  • Dak Prescott QB Mississippi State
  • Jacob Coker QB Alabama
  • Kevin Hogan QB Stanford
  • Brandon Doughty QB Western Kentucky
  • Everett Golson QB Notre Dame
  • Patrick Towles QB Kentucky
  • Jacoby Brissett QB N.C. State
  • Gunner Kiel QB Cincinnati
  • Paxton Lynch QB Memphis
  • Jeremy Johnson QB Auburn
  • Wes Lunt QB Illinois
  • Will Garnder QB Louisville
  • Sefo Liufau QB Colorado
  • Seth Russell QB Baylor
  • Justin Holman QB UCF

I don't think Golson will be drafted. He really should get beat out by Towles this year. Golson has a lot of promise but doesn't deliver on a talented team. I don't like what I have seen from Lunt at Illinois or Sudfeld at Indiana either. Cook looks like a typical MSU QB. I don't see him being better than Stanton. He is very solid but not spectacular...maybe after another year. I don't really know the rest of the bunch too well since I mostly watch B1G conference.

Isnt Johnson from Auburn a first year starter? Is he a Sr.?