QB Mike Glennon Is Our Best Option

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Our best option is NOT Mike Glennon.

Our best option is to find a better option than that.

Stop the madness already.

Easy to say, not so easy to find. It's one of the best options available for those of us who think the crop of QBs in the draft is full of terrible options.

…..

Legend
7 pages of conversation over a QB that is 5-16 ???

We have people who get paid to find a better option than that. So I'm going to believe we will not be forced to watch Mike Glennon leading the Rams. Ever.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

We have people who get paid to find a better option than that. So I'm going to believe we will not be forced to watch Mike Glennon leading the Rams. Ever.
All the options this off-season suck. Even though I am still in love with Sam Bradford, this is muted by the fact that he's just a hit or strange event away from another IR season. How did we get so hosed?

moklerman

Warner-phile

First of all, if you have to resort to using the team's record as an indicator of how an individual player is playing you don't really have a point.

Second, the people who get paid to find a guy have come up with Clemens and Hill the last couple of years and I'd take a flier on Glennon if I had to pick between the three. Without reservation.

…..

Legend
First of all, if you have to resort to using the team's record as an indicator of how an individual player is playing you don't really have a point.

Second, the people who get paid to find a guy have come up with Clemens and Hill the last couple of years and I'd take a flier on Glennon if I had to pick between the three. Without reservation.

First of all, I dont need to "resort" to anything to dissagree that Glennon is a good option. My opinion is that Mike Glennon SUCKS. He has a record of 5-16 as a starter and to me that spells LOSER and I dont want him in horns.

If you want him, thats fine. Thumbs up to ya.

…..

Legend
My gawd....what makes you guys think that Jeff Fisher would put his job on the line and allow the Rams to suit up Mike Glennon as the starting QB for his team????

Oh wait....jrry32 made you think that. Nevermind.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
My gawd....what makes you guys think that Jeff Fisher would put his job on the line and allow the Rams to suit up Mike Glennon as the starting QB for his team????

Oh wait....jrry32 made you think that. Nevermind.

Last I looked this was a Rams discussion forum and Jrry32 makes a good argument for why Glennon is a good option in 2015.
Who exactly do you have in mind?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So is Glennon a better option than Sanchez, Flynn, Mallett or a few others on the free agent list? Sanchez has plenty of games under his belt. Flynn and Mallett had a lot of interest at one point. They must have shown something at some time. Question is, are we looking for a stopgap or future quarterback? Does anyone available have the ability to rise up and be that guy?

Every time I look at what is available and who fits that description of a future QB who can lead this team to good things, it always seems to come back to Sam Bradford. But can he recover from two devastating injuries? Can he stay on the field? So many question marks. That position can hold us back from very good things if they can't figure it out.

…..

Legend
Last I looked this was a Rams discussion forum and Jrry32 makes a good argument for why Glennon is a good option in 2015.
Who exactly do you have in mind?

Yes indeed it is a Rams discussion, I'm just suprised its getting this much airplay, so to speak,.

I dont have anyone in mind and I havent "looked at the tape" to come up with a better reach. As far as reaches go, this is pretty hard to beat.

Fact of the matter is, I shut down after the week 15 loss to a team still searching for thier own replacement QB

As far as the issue of QB is concerned for this team, I would think that we

A) Go with Sam
B) Make a trade for a viable option.

I dont consider trading a 5th round pick for a proven loser a "viable option"

To me, thats almost as rediculous a notion as Kirk Cousins demanding a trade. Can you believe that? Kirk Cousins, demanding a trade? You got to be kidding me. Dont you need to win before you can demand ANYTHING...like maybe a better parking spot?

I think its time we realize this Rams team is on the cusp of something special. We are only a solid quarterback away from greatness in my opinion. That opinion is shared by many. Bringing in a proven losing QB is not what Snisher would EVER do. They understand what time it is. Its time for us to dig our trench and become winners and quit "hoping"

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Russel Wilson wouldn't be good behind our interior O line so we are a long way from just a QB away.

…..

Legend
I think the line isnt too bad and might have seemed more effective with a sure footed QB back there...

Never underestimate a winning attitude and momentum!

We get a QB that can help establish a winning attitude and provide momentum, then we're on SportCenter every night next year.

I'm tellin you guys, we're that close and I would hate to have another QB in here that makes us hold our breaths everytime he stepped back to pass.

Anyway, sorry to crap on your thread, I just dont think we can move forward without a rock throwing the rock. ;) Mike Glennon is not a rock. I hope we find one though.

Go Rams!

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I would agree with your first 2 points 100%.

And even the last could be spot on, but I'm still inclined to think that IF MG is on the way out of Tampa, that suggests to me the coaching staff has seen enough to know he ain't 'the guy'. I don't think Lovie's dumb enough to let go of a potentially good QB simply because he didn't draft the kid.

And Favre wasn't the guy for the Falcons, Warner for the Packers, etc. Different teams value players differently, and the Bucs are about to draft a QB that they hope can turn their team around.

We're not in a position for such a player, thus Glennon could offer us the best of our options.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First of all, I dont need to "resort" to anything to dissagree that Glennon is a good option. My opinion is that Mike Glennon SUCKS. He has a record of 5-16 as a starter and to me that spells LOSER and I dont want him in horns.

After the 1986 season, the San Francisco 49ers traded for a QB with a record of 3-16 as a starter. That loser went on to help them win a Super Bowl and earned a spot in the Hall of Fame. ;)

Teams win and teams lose...not individual players.

I'm not claiming Glennon will be a HOFer or even a Pro Bowl QB but I think he's a good option as a backup if we roll with Bradford. Not liking our options in the draft outside the top two guys.

moklerman

Warner-phile

Well, if your opinion is based on the Buccaneers record then I don't see that you even have a point. Might as well just say you don't like his hair color.

If one looks at what Glennon has done in his first season's worth of starts and then compares it to other QB's that early in their careers it's easy to see why a case could be made for Glennon.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Easy to say, not so easy to find. It's one of the best options available for those of us who think the crop of QBs in the draft is full of terrible options.
Honestly there is nothing to indicate the Bucs are even interested in trading him that have seen. How can he be an option??

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Honestly there is nothing to indicate the Bucs are even interested in trading him that have seen. How can he be an option??
"Our play at the quarterback position hasn't been good enough."
-- Love Smith

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
"Our play at the quarterback position hasn't been good enough."
-- Love Smith
Them and about 2/3's of the teams in the league. I guess for the right price anyone could be up for trade. But I still don't read that to mean they are looking to move Glennon in particular. Does it man they are taking a QB in the first round, yes, Mariota will be a Buc.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

They may not want to trade him. I just think with Lovie really liking McCown and a rookie #1 overall pick at QB...Glennon makes sense as the odd man out if they can get a pick for him

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They may not want to trade him. I just think with Lovie really liking McCown and a rookie #1 overall pick at QB...Glennon makes sense as the odd man out if they can get a pick for him

Not sure what type of attorney you're studying to be, but regardless I would want you on my side presenting my case!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All the options this off-season suck. Even though I am still in love with Sam Bradford, this is muted by the fact that he's just a hit or strange event away from another IR season. How did we get so hosed?

IMO we got so hosed by not focusing the position ahead of time. In today's NFL you gotta have a guy on the depth chart developing even if it means using a higher pick than you want on a non-need position. Which means that even if the Rams trade for a vet to compete with Bradford they need to draft the position as well.

And keep drafting it until they find a guy they can call their QB of the future. Then, when he takes over, keep drafting it here and there to ensure that depth is there. QB is that important and Fish needs to get past his concerns over QB controversies and understand that in today's NFL you're not gonna get a franchise QB who is ready to play unless you draft at the top of the pile so investing ahead of time is required.