QB Mike Glennon Is Our Best Option

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gilbert? Maybe. Would you really call picking a QB in the 6th round to actually address the situation?

Hill? He played, if anything, better than expected. That's not hindsight, that's a recognition that they hoped to get by with just a decent backup type QB who could replace SB for short periods of time. A gamble we all lost.

Yea, I gotta agree. But I think, at the same time, most of us would admit that even if we thought Sam might get injured and miss games, none of us expected him to go down in the preseason to the same injury. I can't think of many teams equipped to handle that.

Alan

Legend
jrry32 singing to the choir:
But I think, at the same time, most of us would admit that even if we thought Sam might get injured and miss games, none of us expected him to go down in the preseason to the same injury.
I was right there with that which is why I don't want to make that mistake again. 2nd or third round but preferably 2nd. If there's someone there. Fingers & toes crossed.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was right there with that which is why I don't want to make that mistake again. 2nd or third round but preferably 2nd. If there's someone there. Fingers & toes crossed.

Gotta be someone worth taking...otherwise, you're wasting a second or third round pick that could be used to help this team...like adding a young OL.

My personal opinion? I have yet to see anyone worth it. Gonna give Bryce Petty another chance...but I don't know if it'll make a difference.

Plus, is a rookie QB really going to take us to the playoffs? Glennon might not be elite but he's shown he can be a 20 TD 10 Int type QB. Wouldn't he offer us more as a starter PURELY in 2015 than a rookie?

Alan

Legend
jrry32 not liking what's left:
Plus, is a rookie QB really going to take us to the playoffs?
I liked your first point if true but this is very shortsighted IMO. No matter who or when you pick a guy they still are going to be a rookie with all that entails. Don't we want to get one up to speed as soon as possible? Wouldn't it be nice if we'd already started on that?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I liked your first point if true but this is very shortsighted IMO. No matter who or when you pick a guy they still are going to be a rookie with all that entails. Don't we want to get one up to speed as soon as possible? Wouldn't it be nice if we'd already started on that?

It would be. But I'm very big on drafting only guys you think are special. I just am not seeing it with this group of QBs after the first two.

ausmurp

Starter
I like Glennon and have been saying we should trade for him sing Bradford went down. I've seen him play too and have no idea why Bucs didn't start him. He reminds me of Flacco and you know what? Flacco would take our team to the playoffs every yr I bet. I would start him over Bradford though. He's been just as good as Bradford with no injury history.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I think jrry32 makes a very persuasive case for Glennon.

S/F will want the best possible QB's for a team that many consider playoff caliber, assuming we fix our OL. No lack of incentive for S/F, that's for sure.

As jrry32 states, it's not as if obvious better options are facing us in either the draft or FA. It is what it is. Our QB savior might not arrive until '16.

Other possibilities might emerge before FA and/or the draft, but for right now I think jrry32 has come up with a logical and doable suggestion to ease our QB dilemma.

Hell, can we really afford to not turn over every stone in pursuing our QB quest?