QB Mark Sanchez on the trading block?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/29/broncos-drop-to-79-players/

The Broncos are trying to find a way to get quarterback Mark Sanchez off the roster while getting something back in return, but they need to drop to 75 players by Tuesday whether they can trade him or not.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-reportedly-trying-to-do-the-impossible-trade-mark-sanchez/

Broncos reportedly trying to do the impossible: Trade Mark Sanchez
The Broncos no longer have any use for Mark Sanchez
by John Breech

After less than six months, it look likes the Mark Sanchez era in Denver is already coming to a close. According to Pro Football Talk, the Broncos are expected to dump Sanchez by the end of the week.

The team's plan is to try and trade Sanchez, but if that doesn't work, the Broncos will likely cut him sometime before Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET, according to PFT. Every team in the NFL has to trim their roster down from 90 to 75 players by Tuesday afternoon.

Sanchez became expendable on Monday after the Broncos named Trevor Siemian as their starting quarterback. Paxton Lynch will serve as Siemian's backup, which left Sanchez as the odd man out.

It's been pretty clear for the past week that the Broncos were going to get rid of Sanchez. The quarterback didn't play a single snap against the Rams on Saturday, which is notable because it was Week 3 of the preseason and starters genuinely play at least a half during Week 3.

Sanchez fell out of favor in Denver after a rough outing against the 49ers in Week 2 of the preseason. The low point of Sanchez's short Broncos career came late in the first half when he fumbled two times in a 45-second span.

"I just squandered a great opportunity to separate myself and I put the team in a bad situation," Sanchez said after Denver's 31-24 loss to San Francisco. "There's no excuse for that, poor, poor quarterback play."

Although the Broncos are looking to trade Sanchez, that's going to be almost impossible. For most teams, there would be no use in making the Broncos a trade offer for Sanchez if they think he's going to be released, because in that case, they could sign him without giving up any compensation after he's cut.

On the other hand, the Broncos could possibly find a trading partner if a desperate team comes calling. For instance, if the Cowboys decided they really, really wanted a veteran backup quarterback while Tony Romo's out.

Anyway, Sanchez might be leaving Denver without a huge highlight reel, but he won't be leaving empty handed: The quarterback's one-year, $4.5 million contract guaranteed him $1 million whether he made the roster or not, so he'll get a nice seven-figure parting gift from the Broncos.

Also, maybe he'll decide to start dating, because being single didn't seem to help him too much. After he was traded from Philly to Denver in March, Sanchez said that he would probably win the Broncos' quarterback job because he's single and has nothing better to do.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
And there lies the problem, it's rare that a team trades for a player who is going to be cut. Could Dallas could be desperate enough?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sanchez, sucks out loud....I know I like Sean Mannion over him, by a lot.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
buttfumble.gif

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
They were the only team that I thought might do it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is also the Whiners, they're not happy with Kaep on the field and off. Ponder has been horrible and Coker is probably not ready to go into the season as a #2. Sanchize also has some experience with the Chipper. They cut Kaep and sign Sanchize then the Bronco's sign Kaep and each goes into the year with 3 QB's.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Guy hasn't done anything since his 3rd year in the league (2011). He "took the Jets" to the Conference Championship two consecutive years (2009-2010) by throwing 29 TDs against 33 picks. "He's not afraid to throw the ball downfield" is the most common attribute connected to him. And it's obvious by the fact he threw 69 picks in 62 starts for the Jets his 4 years there. Plus he lost 20 fumbles during that time. That's 89 turnovers in 4 years. Not good. They got to those Conference Championship Games because they had a defense that could overcome his shortcomings. He sucks, which is why many laughed when the Eagles traded him to Denver.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dallas would be better off with Tavarous Jackson then Sanchez.
I believe he's a FA and would be a much better fit.
Heck I'd sign Austin Davis before trading for the Sanchize

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
This is why I stopped watching NFL N, it was all about Sanchez leading the Broncos once he was acquired. In addition to the Patsies and Cowboys.

Now,....my how things have changed.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is also the Whiners, they're not happy with Kaep on the field and off. Ponder has been horrible and Coker is probably not ready to go into the season as a #2. Sanchize also has some experience with the Chipper. They cut Kaep and sign Sanchize then the Bronco's sign Kaep and each goes into the year with 3 QB's.

I'm not seeing Sanchez fit into an offense that requires quicker than normal decisions by the quarterback. It would most likely trigger even more turnovers.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Sanchez. 5th overall pick in 2009
Rams passed on him taking bustorama LT Jason Smith #2 overall.
Except for Matt Stafford(1st) and BJ Raji(9th) that '09 top ten draft list is pretty bad.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
They had their starter in Trevor Siemian the whole time. They just needed to play the Rams to realize it :ROFLMAO:

Bruce2980

Starter
I wouldn't trade a pair of my dirty shorts for Sanchez, unless he can cook and clean.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I never liked Sanchez. I wouldn't wish him on any team... except the whiners, sea pigeons and cards, of course.