QB gurus: how does Marcus Marriota compare to Sam Bradford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Demand n 1

" Let the cool water take me under"
Name
doc
Re: Marcus Mariota's inability to throw into tight coverage. It feels like a chicken or egg thing. QBs that are good at tight spots are not as mobile and survive by being accurate from a collapsing pocket. QBs that extend plays with their elusiveness will more likely have "wide open" receivers. Pick your poison.
I am no QB guru but feel MM is more Michael Vick like. Tremendous talent. Short shelf life. I don't see him as a Shotty kind of guy. I'd take a healthy Sam.
Weird, I do see a Russell Wilson thriving in our system, a deceptive, heady, grinder.

RFIP

Bradford is the best QB to come out in the past 10 other than Andrew Luck.

If anyone speaks openly to God and therefore knows who will get injured and who won't then gave at it, otherwise replacing Sam with anyone in next years draft is a down grade and a big one IMO.

Yes Sam's knee has to get and stay good I understand but if he's right next year then he's the guy without question for me.

WITHOUT QUESTION.

But the questions will never end, is Mariota better? Should we have taken RG3? Whatever, it's almost a guarantee Sam plays ekes where next year, all I have ever asked is "we" all remember our stance on him down the road.

Rams0307

Sam Bradford is 6-4 224
Marcus Mariota is 6-4 215
Teddy Bridgewater is 6-2 210

I am not sure about the differentiation based upon size. Mariota and Bradford are pretty close.

JaMarcus Russell had great arm talent. It is not about talent. It is about playing football.

Marcus Mariota is a football player. He likely won't be around when the Rams draft, but I would love to have him wearing horns.

Bradford has been playing at a weight of 230 or higher. Seeing him in person this offseason, the guy looked to be around 240 lbs. It was said during the draft process that Bridgewater had played at a weight of 198 lbs. Looking at Mariota, I'd say he's playing at a weight closer to 210. He has a skinny build.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
B

But the questions will never end, is Mariota better? Should we have taken RG3? Whatever, it's almost a guarantee Sam plays ekes where next year, all I have ever asked is "we" all remember our stance on him down the road.

This is where you and I disagree IMO every Ram fan wanted Bradford to succeed and they just needed one good year and a post season appearance to buy in. IMO that's not asking much and unfortunately because of injury and bad luck, Bradford could not deliver.

IMO it's time to move on based on injury history and nothing else Bradford got the last of the big rookie contracts and Fisher took the Ram job because of Bradford, he had many people hoping and praying for his success believe me do you think all of us wanted to watch Kellen Clemens last season?

All we can hope for now is that the Rams select a QB that can actually play each and every Sunday and has some better luck than Bradford did. And for the record I like the guy who played against Marriota yesterday.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
You would be wrong. Wait three months until everyone is talking about how slow of a release Winston has....Of course this is just an opinion, but I feel pretty good about it.

I've seen both play and I feel like Winston is a vastly superior QB throwing the ball. I'd easily take Winston.

The season held such high hopes. One thing never changes no matter how many high draft picks the Rams get. They still play uninspired football.