QB draft pick scenario

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
How would you guys feel if we had a great QB prospect fall into our lap around rounds 2 or 3 and Fisher brought in some competition for camp for Sam. I for one would be open to it, then we could have a solid backup option and keep Davis as our 3. What say you guys?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Not sure who that would be this year. Not Barkley, not Smith. Maybe there are some that I am missing. I would rather see Davis get more reps next offseason/preseason. Not a knock on Sam, but why NOT let the kid play a little bit. Is Clemens really of more value at this point?

Honestly, if we had not been so invested in SB, and if the bounty for the #2 pick wasn't what it was, I would have been thrilled to draft Griffin this year. I am loyal only to the team. If there is an upgrade available, I would always be willing to pursue it. Competition is ALWAYS a good thing....even in the case of Mark Sanchez. Cream rises to the top. Mud sinks to the bottom. At least they know what they have/don't have.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I can't think of any, but I've always been a proponent of competition at every spot. I think Sam's going to be a very, very good QB in this league once things have finally settled down around him and he can just go out there and ball. The problem with backups, though, is that they're rarely given an opportunity unless someone gets hurt. So, with that said, I'd be all for getting rid of Clemens and letting Davis/whoever be the backups. We're never going to find out what we have in Davis with Clemens always being ready at the helm.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I wouldnt have a huge problem with it. I dont think anyone we draft in the 3rd round or so(think the 2nd may be a bit early) will seriously compete for the job, but it wouldnt hurt to have a quality back up.

Also, Bradfords contract is up in a few years. A better backup would give us more leverage in negotiation and a fall back option should Bradford leave.