QB Controversy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
can't do it dude. its not right. either way Fisher said post game Hill is still the starter.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
May the healthiest QB start...and win!

V3

Hall of Fame
You gain nothing from starting Hill. We know what he is and he has already hit his ceiling. We don't know what we have in Davis. I don't really care about losing your job to injury in this situation. This is about the long term future of the team. Hill has no long term future here. Play Davis.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hill is our Starting QB, If he's Healthy he deserves the start. But I wouldn't be worried if Davis got the start!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This no controversy, Hill starts next week if healthy, now if Hill can't go and Davis starts and leads the Rams to another victory with a strong performance while throwing a few touch down passes, then let the controversy begin!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
At leasr the "controversy" is between two guys we know can win in the NFL instead of between Davis and a guy whose O-8

nighttrain

Legend
You gain nothing from starting Hill. We know what he is and he has already hit his ceiling. We don't know what we have in Davis. I don't really care about losing your job to injury in this situation. This is about the long term future of the team. Hill has no long term future here. Play Davis.
Hill was the backup, and still is. Davis played better and deserves another chance
train

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I am impressed by Davis so far. But let's not forget TB was missing a substantial portion of it's defense including their best player. Hill should start. But his cushion now is nonexistent.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
No it's about this season neither Hill nor Davis is the long term answer and the coaches know who gives this team the best chance to win now

Big Game

Living The Dream
I actually would prefer Davis to start. He is mobile and if you go back and watch the game he put those passes on the money. Davis did an excellent job with his reads and has a lot of confidence. I would start Davis.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Somebody explain to me what Hill did to "deserve" being the starter. He may very well be better than Davis that is not the argument. The argument is that Hill played 1/2 of one game because the REAL starter was injured. This not losing your starting position because of injury business doesn't hold water in this case.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Somebody explain to me what Hill did to "deserve" being the starter. He may very well be better than Davis that is not the argument. The argument is that Hill played 1/2 of one game because the REAL starter was injured. This not losing your starting position because of injury business doesn't hold water in this case.
He outplayed Davis throughout the pre season ,made the correct reads earlier and more often was born with a stronger arm ,started 26 games in the NFL and won half of them ,impressed a pro coaching staff with his play to the extent they decided he was the best option, other than that ,he hasn't done shyit.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
I am impressed by Davis so far. But let's not forget TB was missing a substantial portion of it's defense including their best player. Hill should start. But his cushion now is nonexistent.

Yeah. Great team win yesterday, and Davis looked tough, but that Bucs D was decimated by injury.

Hill has obviously proven enough in TC to warrant Fisher's trust. But I'd have to imagine Davis played him way into the conversation at least yesterday.

Tough to drop a guy after putting up such good numbers and leading us on a 4th Q game winning drive, go with him until he proves who he is.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
TBH I don't think it's going to matter over the course of the season. Of much greater concern is the OL allowing all those hurries and failing to consistently open holes against what was basically TB's preseason game 4 DL.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
He outplayed Davis throughout the pre season ,made the correct reads earlier and more often was born with a stronger arm ,started 26 games in the NFL and won half of them ,impressed a pro coaching staff with his play to the extent they decided he was the best option, other than that ,he hasn't done shyit.

You missed the point. Everything you say may be correct-re-read my post-it says Hill may very well be better-but its not like he is an incumbent starter. 1/2 of one game. We aren't talking Wally Pipp here.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Tough to drop a guy after putting up such good numbers and leading us on a 4th Q game winning drive, go with him until he proves who he is.

Agreed. And the Dallas D is so shit. Gotta let Davis play. I'm not sure we beat Tampa with Hill at QB. Though it's impossible to say obviously. Davis was so smart with the ball. All those quick slants to Quick. He got the ball out so fast. I'd guess Hill would have held onto the ball longer, meaning more sacks against. Who knows tho. Just an opinion.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Give it to the hot hand. Right now, that's Davis. I was very impressed with him for the most part. There were a couple passes in a row that weren't very good, but then he stepped up when we needed him.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
You missed the point. Everything you say may be correct-re-read my post-it says Hill may very well be better-but its not like he is an incumbent starter. 1/2 of one game. We aren't talking Wally Pipp here.
Well there are multiple points to take from your post and I don't think Hill is getting the start if healthy BK of the unwritten you don't lose your job to injury rule,they dressed Hill yesterday ready for him to come ion and try to save the game if AD melted down,you asked what Hill had done to earn the job and I told you.

Davis game yesterday apparently DIDN'T EARN him the job in the minds of those who see both everyday watch scads of film on both,and THAT IS the point ,Fisher and Co. aren't into developing next years team ,they are doing what they believe gives the team the best chance to win,I was mightily impressed with Davis and IMO Hill will probably get another boo boo at the least and Davis probably gets more time .

It's always easy to advocate for decisions we don't have to take real responsibility for , I trust the coaches to be the best informed ,have the most to lose and truly believe they are making the best decision based on the desire to salvage this season not develop people who take their job and the talent they've assembled if they go 1-15 and Stan decides he's seen enough.

If we ever become mathematically out of the playoff picture ,I too will desire Davis get playing time but not until we are in the situation to develop, I don't think the confidence these coaches were expressing in Hill was BS , it is nice to know we have Davis backing up Hill and that we don't have to rush Hill back if he's not healthy.