Qb competition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We haven't had a solid veteran QB in how long? It may seem foolish, but I know just as much as anyone else at this point on what McVays grand scheme is.

IMO, you are straight up misdiagnosing the problems we were having as a team.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
We haven't had a solid veteran QB in how long? It may seem foolish, but I know just as much as anyone else at this point on what McVays grand scheme is.
I mean, I'd consider Shaun Hill a solid veteran QB who was sort of successful but often hampered by poor play-calling, poor execution by his receivers and poor blocking.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
IMO, you are straight up misdiagnosing the problems we were having as a team.

Word play vs reality... Am I the one misdiagnosing the problems? You could say it has been the front office who has been misdiagnosing all along and never found solutions. I wouldn't say I am misdiagnosing anything.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Word play vs reality... Am I the one misdiagnosing the problems? You could say it has been the front office who has been misdiagnosing all along and never found solutions. I wouldn't say I am misdiagnosing anything.

We have no need for Kirk Cousins. We have plenty of needs, but I don't think that quarterback is one of them.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I mean, I'd consider Shaun Hill a solid veteran QB who was sort of successful but often hampered by poor play-calling, poor execution by his receivers and poor blocking.

So that would be whos fault? Some other guy said I was misdianosing problems when you say Shaun Hill was the closest solid veteran QB we had in a decade.

We have no need for Kirk Cousins. We have plenty of needs, but I don't think that quarterback is one of them.

I never said lets get Cousins, it was a what if scenario and I made that clear. So much is up in the air on what needs to be fixed that should of already been fixed. You can say McVay and his crew came into a :poop: storm. I am confident we will see more progress.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
So that would be whos fault? Some other guy said I was misdianosing problems when you say Shaun Hill was the closest solid veteran QB we had in a decade.
Bradford was by far and away the best QB the Rams have had since Bulger got Jason Smithereened, and part of his problem - other than the well-documented inability of his knee to not explode - was that he was often playing behind a mediocre-to-terrible offensive line with no reliable passing targets, other than Amendola and Givens. Hill was just the last "solid veteran" the Rams have had under center.

Although one could possibly argue Foles, but one would have to be a glutton for punishment to do so.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

When I say that I think you are misdiagnosing the problems, I'm referring to our current situation. Not what the Rams problems have been in the past. Why would we pay big $ and sign Cousins right now? Bc we haven't had a solid veteran QB in a long while?

We drafted a young QB as a #1 pick. Oh wait. Let's get the most expensive veteran QB available in the FA to go with that. Bc we haven't had one in a while. It just makes no sense to me.

We need FA focus to be in the OL, WR, CB, and etc..
That's why I would be disappointed in your "what if" scenario.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I have no objections. I think we need an OL first and foremost. I am just anxious to see what we muster up for the 2017 season, I hope there will be more celebration threads than vent threads.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have no objections. I think we need an OL first and foremost. I am just anxious to see what we muster up for the 2017 season, I hope there will be more celebration threads than vent threads.
Oh now I get it, you were suggesting Kirk Cousins to play o-line?
Lol

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I can see it now... Cousins snaps the ball to Goff, pancakes the everloving hell out of Jerran Reed, shoots upfield ahead of Gurley who now has the ball, knocks Bobby Wagner straight to hell, and as the play concludes he gets up, calls Scott McClaughlin and screams "How you like me now?"

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He shouldn't and probably want get much time with the ones... Goff is the face of this franchise
Goff can't get all the reps with the ones you trying to blow his arm out before the season..

bluecoconuts

Legend
Mannion has gotten the short end of the stick so far. Rams use a 3rd rounder for him and he has only seen the field for 6 or 7 snaps. I doubt there are many 3rd rounders that have made the 53 man roster as many years as Mannion that have seen the field less.

Well the scouting report did say that Mannion was a 5-6th round player, and other than Winston and Mariota every other QB in the class (Mannion was the 4th QB taken of 6) was projected as a backup at best... So he's basically right where he should be...