Qb competition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It could be KMH.

I was trying to explain the difference in velocity and speed because we were in a debate about who had the stronger arm. He brought up the stats of the 87 Velocity for Goff and he found that Mannion was at 86.. I can't really remember it was a couple months ago but I was just stating how Goff and Mannion had very similar arm talent

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
87 what? Certainly not mph.
The average fastball in Baseball is 88 mph and their throwing a small baseball downhill.
It's a Velocity rating not a speed rating they are measured differently

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Not at all.
Prescott didn't beat out Romo in any sense, in fact the team had to go 10-2 with Dak before they gave him the job.

Then we definitely have different definitions of "beating out", dieter. Lol.

That's some world class spin on my planet.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Then we definitely have different definitions of "beating out", dieter. Lol.

That's some world class spin on my planet.
Dak started because not only was Romo out with the back injury om IR, but the 2nd stringer also got hurt. By the time Romo was cleared to return, the season was 10 or 11 weeks old.
So I guess you could say that Dak beat out Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady because they were as eligible to play for the Cowboys as Romo was

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn't that just a lengthy way of saying that Prescott beat out Romo, even after Romo was healthy, jrry32? Lol.

No, it's a lengthy way of saying that the Cowboys chose the young QB with a future over the better QB with no future. Prescott didn't win the job. The Cowboys simply chose not to let Romo compete.

Scirca

Rookie
Some are already putting in the work, while the rest are just talking.
C3NYFKSVYAATGlL.jpg:large

View: https://twitter.com/SportsAcademyHQ/status/825101001606647808

lockdnram21

Legend
Lol this is sad that's entirely my point he don't have enough tape but the tape Goff have is crappy as crap so why can't there be a competition whether Goff wins it or not no one should feel like they are safe with a new HC
Because of what they just gave up for Goff... When they got Mcvay the first thing they probably said is can u develop Goff. Mcvay talked to Goff not Mannion. Goff is going to get every chance to succeed.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because of what they just gave up for Goff... When they got Mcvay the first thing they probably said is can u develop Goff. Mcvay talked to Goff not Mannion. Goff is going to get every chance to succeed.
I dont doubt that one bit. But the point is if McVay sticks to his own words then they will also give Mannion the chance and opportunity to show what he can do after all even if he is the backup they need to know what type of backup he can be. So he will get a lot of practice reps and play a lot of minutes in the preseason more then he has ever gotten a chance of before.

lockdnram21

Legend
I dont doubt that one bit. But the point is if McVay sticks to his own words then they will also give Mannion the chance and opportunity to show what he can do after all even if he is the backup they need to know what type of backup he can be. So he will get a lot of practice reps and play a lot of minutes in the preseason more then he has ever gotten a chance of before.
He shouldn't and probably want get much time with the ones... Goff is the face of this franchise

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Mannion has gotten the short end of the stick so far. Rams use a 3rd rounder for him and he has only seen the field for 6 or 7 snaps. I doubt there are many 3rd rounders that have made the 53 man roster as many years as Mannion that have seen the field less.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Why would the Rams spend the $24+ million per year to bring in Cousins, assuming the Redskins wouldn't just franchise him if talks break down, when they have two young, highly-drafted QBs already on the roster? And when they need to put money into other offensive units?

Stability. Our roster has been wishy washy since the Fisher regime. New coaches mean new expectations. Does this regime want to invest time in developing or try and go for the gusto?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion has gotten the short end of the stick so far. Rams use a 3rd rounder for him and he has only seen the field for 6 or 7 snaps. I doubt there are many 3rd rounders that have made the 53 man roster as many years as Mannion that have seen the field less.
How about Garrett Grayson? He was the "it" QB at the time who was drafted a couple of spots before Mannion.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Stability. Our roster has been wishy washy since the Fisher regime. New coaches mean new expectations. Does this regime want to invest time in developing or try and go for the gusto?
Signing a QB who may well beat out Andrew Luck's contract (I think it's silly too, but that's the rumblings) means you have to win in year 1 or 2, otherwise your regime has gambled hugely and failed. That would be a foolish move by McVay, IMO, unless he's absolutely convinced that the roster as currently architected is a high-level veteran QB away from the playoffs.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
In what mix? He's not leaving Washington, and if he does it's because somebody is paying him crazy money

Well he hasn't left yet or may not , but there is now til Training camp to see what pieces are going where. By the looks of it there will be disappointment so I will leave it at that.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Signing a QB who may well beat out Andrew Luck's contract (I think it's silly too, but that's the rumblings) means you have to win in year 1 or 2, otherwise your regime has gambled hugely and failed. That would be a foolish move by McVay, IMO, unless he's absolutely convinced that the roster as currently architected is a high-level veteran QB away from the playoffs.

We haven't had a solid veteran QB in how long? It may seem foolish, but I know just as much as anyone else at this point on what McVays grand scheme is.