QB Chris Bonner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watched a game of Bonner's finally. Big guy, impressive movement skills for his size, like the way he maneuvers the pocket, strong arm...but very erratic in terms of accuracy and made a lot of bad decisions and ill advised throws in the game I watched.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Watched a game of Bonner's finally. Big guy, impressive movement skills for his size, like the way he maneuvers the pocket, strong arm...but very erratic in terms of accuracy and made a lot of bad decisions and ill advised throws in the game I watched.

I have not seen Bonner play but aren't the negatives that you listed usually the norm for division II and III QBs? I always figure if a team finds a guy like hat, then he will require a bit of development. I even think Flacco needed a good bit of refinement.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have not seen Bonner play but aren't the negatives that you listed usually the norm for division II and III QBs? I always figure if a team finds a guy like hat, then he will require a bit of development. I even think Flacco needed a good bit of refinement.

Yea...but these were bad throws for a Division II QB if you catch my drift. Think he had 3 or 4 passes that could have been picked. Hit the LB right in the chest on one of them.

Plenty of tools but I'm not sure the accuracy and ability to read coverages are there. But then again, with a late 7th round pick...meh...why not?

Although, Taylor Heinicke out of Old Dominion impressed me. Doesn't have tools like Bonner...he's short and he doesn't have a lot of arm strength but he's mobile and his ball placement was really good. Also seemed to instinctually find throwing lanes and looked comfortable climbing the pocket. Coming out of a spread, though. He'll be a late round guy or a UDFA. Another guy worth considering late.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yea...but these were bad throws for a Division II QB if you catch my drift. Think he had 3 or 4 passes that could have been picked. Hit the LB right in the chest on one of them.

Plenty of tools but I'm not sure the accuracy and ability to read coverages are there. But then again, with a late 7th round pick...meh...why not?

Although, Taylor Heinicke out of Old Dominion impressed me. Doesn't have tools like Bonner...he's short and he doesn't have a lot of arm strength but he's mobile and his ball placement was really good. Also seemed to instinctually find throwing lanes and looked comfortable climbing the pocket. Coming out of a spread, though. He'll be a late round guy or a UDFA. Another guy worth considering late.

I recall intermurals at Penn State. Our dorm floor had a football team. I used to throw the ball very well, but I didn't get consider to QB. I was 5-10 and the guy they chose was 6-4. He was terrible. I pleaded my case but it was to no avail. The tools guys always seem to win out. AT least there are a few Fluties and Brees mixed in.

Maybe the Rams give this guy a shot. The fact that they are looking so closely at QBs in the Senior Bowl worries me a bit. I am imagining that the Rams will be picking Bryce Petty too high or one of the others in round 4 or 5, again too high and for what? To prove to Stan that they are trying? I hope I am wrong.