QB Andrew Luck likely to miss season opener versus the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN

227364_b9930b31735a41b98b21e7f01a25af53~mv2.webp

https://www.downtownrams.com/single...-likely-to-miss-season-opener-versus-the-Rams

Bleacher Report and Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports are reporting that Indianapolis Colts star QB Andrew Luck could find himself spending the first six weeks of the NFL season on the PUP list.

Why is this news on a Rams site you ask? Well, if you haven't followed along, the Rams have a 2017 schedule that just so happens to be playing the Indianapolis Colts to open the season. Luck might be on the Rams side in this one. While obviously, you hate to see a talent such as Luck get hurt, as a Rams fan to open the season it kind of boosts your confidence if you now don't have to play against Andrew Luck.

Luck has been battling a shoulder injury and has been unable to throw at all in the off-season. While many pegged this to not be a huge deal. We need to give credit where credit is due and that has to belong to Colin Cowherd who has been consistently mentioning the concern of Luck not throwing this off-season. Luck has come out since and has told fans and the media not to worry and that everything is basically going to work out, but let's be honest here. Colts fans should be worried.

As for the Rams, their 31-year old Head coach Sean McVay will make his debut at home and possibly versus the likes of Scott Tolzien. That is what you call a fantastic advantage in your debut. The Rams started off last season in a similar advantage, which matched up talent wise to what the San Francisco 49ers had. They only won two games all year and both were against the Rams. They were given no chance to beat the Rams at home to open the season. They did, and then they beat the Rams again later on in the year.

So, while it seems somewhat exciting that the Rams may have an easier tilt, without Luck at the helm for the Colts. It's important to realize that any given Sunday, any team can win and we have seen plenty of letdowns from the Rams in the past. However, this is some serious news if it stands nonetheless.

Last edited:

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No reason not to win this game if Luck is out. The Colts are different team w.o Luck.
I forgot to mention. I like Tolzien haha. He isn't Luck though. This is a gift we need and deserve. Or maybe we don't need or deserve it hmm.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

227364_b9930b31735a41b98b21e7f01a25af53~mv2.webp

https://www.downtownrams.com/single...-likely-to-miss-season-opener-versus-the-Rams

Bleacher Report and Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports are reporting that Indianapolis Colts star QB Andrew Luck could find himself spending the first six weeks of the NFL season on the PUP list.

Why is this news on a Rams site you ask? Well, if you haven't followed along, the Rams have a 2017 schedule that just so happens to be playing the Indianapolis Colts to open the season. Luck might be on the Rams side in this one. While obviously you hate to see a talent such as Luck get hurt, as a Rams fan to open the season it kind of boosts your confidence if you now don't have to play against Andrew Luck.

Luck has been batting a shoulder injury and has been unable to throw at all in the off-season. While many pegged this to not be a huge deal. We need to give credit where credit is due and that has to belong to Colin Cowherd who has been consistently mentioning the concern of Luck not throwing this off-season. Luck has come out since and has told fans and the media not to worry and that everything is basically going to work out, but let's be honest here. Colts fans should be worried.

As for the Rams, their 31-year old Head coach Sean McVay will make his debut at home and possibly versus the likes of Scott Tolzien. That is what you call a fantastic advantage in your debut. The Rams started off last season in a similar advantage, but talent wise which equaled what this possible situation stands as. The San Francisco 49ers who only won two games all year and both were against the Rams were given no chance to beat the Rams at home to open the season. They did, and then they beat the Rams again later on in the season.

So while it seems somewhat exciting that the Rams may have an easier tilt without Luck at the helm for the Colts. It's important to realize that any given Sunday any team can win and we have seen plenty of letdowns from the Rams in the past. However, this is some serious news if it stands nonetheless.

Yeah Jake, this win is very important vs the Colts week one...and no one will remember that if we win it was against a "Luck-less" Colts at the end of the season. I kind of wish we could gut stomp them at their best, however...

btw..did you get my email?

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
When we win this game, the whole media frenzy will be because the Colts didn't have Luck behind center.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Yeah we stomped the Colts with Luck last time we played them. There's absolutely no excuse to lose this game, Tavon Austin sliced through their secondary like a butter on a hot knife under Schottenheimer's offense.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I want to play the Colts at full strength with Luck behind center.

No short cuts, gifts or handicaps. All hands on deck!

"Mono E Mono" That's just me though..

980x420-lac-3IND-272x117.jpg

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah Jake, this win is very important vs the Colts week one...and no one will remember that if we win it was against a "Luck-less" Colts at the end of the season. I kind of wish we could gut stomp them at their best, however...

btw..did you get my email?
I was actually replying to it just now. I completely agreed with you. One of the things I was kicking myself about when I listened to it, because I think the Rams actually have the potential for a real good OL. I did say that Sullivan was a stopgap though.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was actually replying to it just now. I completely agreed with you. One of the things I was kicking myself about when I listened to it, because I think the Rams actually have the potential for a real good OL. I did say that Sullivan was a stopgap though.
He is...but a better option than Barnes no matter what, which adds to the improvement...

Ram65

Legend
I gave a like before reading the article.:D Luck hasn't had much help with the Colts so without him they could be in big trouble. They did sure up their defense in the off season. A statement win with Luck playing would be great but, a win is a win is a win. Still the Rams shouldn't take a win for granted and who know Luck could still play.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
We kicked Luck's ass before, so no matter.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Luck was overheard saying,

"HELL yeah I'll be ready week one against the......who we playing......I mean--cough, cough--I'm just taking it day by day. Hopefully we won't have a setback.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I want to play the Colts at full strength with Luck behind center.

No short cuts, gifts or handicaps. All hands on deck!

"Mono E Mono" That's just me though..

980x420-lac-3IND-272x117.jpg

Yep, just you.

When I look at all the times over the last several season when teams got to line up against the Rams with luminaries such as Austin Davis, Kellen Clemens, Shaun Hill, Nick Foles, and Case Keenum under center, I really don't give a flying fornication if the Colts have to suffer with someone other than Luck under center for a game.

The Rams have had to play with a huge handicap for most of the last 4 seasons ... time for some of the other buttercups out there to suck it up.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Looks like the Colts are simply out of Luck :neener:

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
IND - Concern about QB Andrew Luck overblown?

Source: The Herald Bulletin - George Bremer

Indianapolis Colts QB Andrew Luck (shoulder) is expected to come off the Physically Unable to Perform list before the regular season begins, according to The Herald Bulletin's George Bremer. As we reported Tuesday, Jason La Canfora created some buzz mentioning that he'd been hearing Luck might not be ready for the opening of the season.

Bremer is a Colts Beat Writer and the Sports Editor for the Herald Bulletin in Anderson, Indiana. He reported today, "For those asking, I'm told Chris Ballard's statement from last week stands. Luck expected to come off PUP before reg season begins." We'll continue to keep a close eye on this one for you.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Me thinks the Colts may be putting the Rams on a bad scent. My guess is we prepare as if Luck is the starter, no chances, but could you imagine the reaction if we lost to a back up under our new regime?!! It would be Fisherlike times 10!!!