PS3 Sunday Ticket....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
I wasn't sure where I was going to post this, but I just recently traded my Xbox360 for a PS3. I only play Madden these days, but other than that I don't play too much games anymore. I mostly use my PS3 to watch movies from my computer, which is so much quieter than my old Xbox360. I had the old school Xbox360 black elite which sounded like an airplane.

I know that you can get sunday ticket on PS3 as an application. I used to have direct TV, but the thing was getting to damn expensive so I just went with my local cable company (Comcast). I have couple of questions:

1. Do any of you know when it's available? I am trying to find the application, but I don't see it anywhere.:(
2. If so how much does it cost?
3. The new Madden 25 coming out with the discount package. Does that apply to the PS3 as well?

Mahalo for the replies.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I could be wrong, but it doesn't matter what device you use, you still have to subscribe to NFL sunday ticket (which requires DIRECTV). You can't get NFL sunday ticket on PS3 without DIRECTV service.
If you figure out a way to, please let me know. DIRECTV has done a a great job of putting a strangle hold on the NFL games.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
I thought I saw the app on my sons ps3 last year, it was around 300.00 I beleive. It would be cheaper to get nfl game rewind. I did. 30.00 feels better on my wallet, but I certainly understand wanting to get the games live.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bwdenverram said:
I could be wrong, but it doesn't matter what device you use, you still have to subscribe to NFL sunday ticket (which requires DIRECTV). You can't get NFL sunday ticket on PS3 without DIRECTV service.
If you figure out a way to, please let me know. DIRECTV has done a a great job of putting a strangle hold on the NFL games.

Hrm...I thought you didn't need to have DirectTV to access the sunday ticket on PS3?

<a class="postlink" href="http://mashable.com/2011/08/17/nfl-sunday-ticket-ps3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mashable.com/2011/08/17/nfl-sunday-ticket-ps3/</a>

Ram_Fan said:
bwdenverram said:

Hrm...I thought you didn't need to have DirectTV to access the sunday ticket on PS3?

<a class="postlink" href="http://mashable.com/2011/08/17/nfl-sunday-ticket-ps3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mashable.com/2011/08/17/nfl-sunday-ticket-ps3/</a>

Just to help you don't need DirecTV. But this might only apply for the Madden 25 Anniversary offer on Amazon.com I don't know if this applys to your PS3 but if you can hookup your computer to your TV, your golden!

Q and A

-Do I need a DirecTV subscription to access NFL Sunday Ticket?

No, it's not necessary to have a DirecTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition includes a code that can be redeemed to access the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV

-For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

-For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.

-For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.

Source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=1557458362&pf_rd_i=B00CF7KVMI

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
Tony iz Ramlike said:
Just to help you don't need DirecTV. But this might only apply for the Madden 25 Anniversary offer on Amazon.com I don't know if this applys to your PS3 but if you can hookup your computer to your TV, your golden!

Q and A

No, it's not necessary to have a DirecTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition includes a code that can be redeemed to access the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

-For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

-For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.

-For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.

Source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=1557458362&pf_rd_i=B00CF7KVMI

Hrm..that seems a better alternate with my laptop...

Mahalo!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
No you dont need to have anything to do with Direct tv to use the PS3 Sunday ticket service. I used it the last 2 years.
You absolutely need a very good,high speed connection in order to get a useable,quality streaming feed though.

There was all kinds of problems when it first launched 2 years ago. Pissed a lot of people off including me. They've made some improvements since then.

The application is usually made available on your PS3 sometime in August i believe.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
mojorizen7 said:
No you dont need to have anything to do with Direct tv to use the PS3 Sunday ticket service. I used it the last 2 years.
You absolutely need a very good,high speed connection in order to get a useable,quality streaming feed though.

There was all kinds of problems when it first launched 2 years ago. Pissed a lot of people off including me. They've made some improvements since then.

The application is usually made available on your PS3 sometime in August i believe.

Ahh ok. I thought I was going crazy looking for the app now haha.

iced

mojorizen7 said:

is it a monthly payment or a one time fee?

stewymark

I have Direct Tv.....I just call every year and threaten to cancel and complain about the price of nfl ticket......last 4 years I've gotten it for $100 or free. Just ask to be connected to the cancellation department right away....they can do it for you no prob, Hell their happy to!!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
iced said:
mojorizen7 said:

is it a monthly payment or a one time fee?
IIRC it was 3 payments originally(the first year),but i think they wanted payment in full last season(because of the angry mob of subscribers that asked for refunds and/or cancelled due to the inexcusably poor streams).

I have a far more legit connection speed now,so i'm going to look into it again. I'll post what i find as soon as i do.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Thing is,with the PS4 due out sometime within the next 6-8 months or so....i'm not sure how that transition is going to work.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Tony iz Ramlike said:
Ram_Fan said:
bwdenverram said:

Q and A

Thanks, didn't know that. So I'm assuming you purchase a PS3 (Don't know how much but guessing $300+) and then you have to pay for Sunday ticket (which if you aren't a regular user is probably $300+.
Still a pretty penny, at least up front. Maybe you don't have DIRECTV, but unless you have no TV service at all you're going to pay from Comcast or another provider. Just my personal preference but I'd just stay with DIRECTV and just get a lower tier package. And as many have mentioned, you better have great internet or quality isn't as good.
I think I got NFL package for free last year from complaining. Most people just call customer retention and get some kind of deal. I'd rather pay a few bucks more and get my crystal clear HD games all day :)

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
mojorizen7 said:
Thing is,with the PS4 due out sometime within the next 6-8 months or so....i'm not sure how that transition is going to work.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/microsoft-lands-nfl-partnership-for-xbox-one/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/micr ... -xbox-one/</a>

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Username said:
mojorizen7 said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/microsoft-lands-nfl-partnership-for-xbox-one/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/micr ... -xbox-one/</a>
Never in my house. :p

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I live in an apartment building which forbids satellite dishes. It irritates me, because I want to get DirecTV for the NFL Pass

Does anyone know if that means I can still get the package without having DirecTV since I CAN"T get DirecTV? Or is that rule only for people who live outside of the country?

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
bwdenverram said:
Tony iz Ramlike said:
Ram_Fan said:
bwdenverram said:

Q and A

Thanks, didn't know that. So I'm assuming you purchase a PS3 (Don't know how much but guessing $300+) and then you have to pay for Sunday ticket (which if you aren't a regular user is probably $300+.
Still a pretty penny, at least up front. Maybe you don't have DIRECTV, but unless you have no TV service at all you're going to pay from Comcast or another provider. Just my personal preference but I'd just stay with DIRECTV and just get a lower tier package. And as many have mentioned, you better have great internet or quality isn't as good.
I think I got NFL package for free last year from complaining. Most people just call customer retention and get some kind of deal. I'd rather pay a few bucks more and get my crystal clear HD games all day :)
Well, what i've heard from the whole Xbox One thing is that, Microsoft/Xbox will be the official technology of the NFL. If true, than I can guarantee that this will most definitely be an Xbox only feature and one of their main selling points to triumph over Sony/PS4.

I recommend pre-ordering Madden 25 and saving over a hundred bucks on Sunday Ticket, getting the game and the bonus in game content for free, and a match with this guy :p . Can't wait to play with Austin and Cook, I can only imagine how Bradford feels... :owned: