Pryor or Evans at 13

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just really haven't liked what I've seen from Quick, it's night and day when I compare him to someone like Stedman Bailey. Bailey didn't get a lot of targets early in the year, but when he did get in the game, he always seemed completely composed, caught everything that came his way, and showed a lot of toughness for not going down on the first hit and getting the extra YAC. One guy seemed like he belongs there, and the other just doesn't, imo. Maybe I'm not being fair to Quick, but he always disappoints in crucial moments and his movements just seem so awkward to me from how he mistimes his jumps, the way he falls, how he sometimes can't locate the ball in the air, and sometimes doesn't even know what play is being run. I can get over the occasional concentration drop that get most fans up in arms, but some of these flaws are just natural instincts that Quick seems to lack and that can't be taught.

Honestly, Snead pulled a an Avery/Jackson when he selected Quick over Jeffery. I didn't even know who Quick was until he was a Ram. I'd love to right the wrong by picking Evans and Watkins but DANG that's a high pick to jack up on. Same with Pead. (I forgive the Pead pick because they did trade up and found Stacy.)
Either way, it's a big decision to stick with Quick.

I hope Schotty can figure it all out this year, too. He seems to be growing with the team a bit. He kinda sux.

jjab360

Legend
You disagree that that is what I think :confused::confused::confused:

LOL I get it your opinion is different NP we all get one
Jesus Christ man, you're just talking in circles now. You asked me what I was disagreeing with, I disagreed that Pryor brought more benefit to the team, and then I said why. I never said your opinion was invalid, just that I had a different one.

jjab360

Legend
Honestly, Snead pulled a an Avery/Jackson when he selected Quick over Jeffery. I didn't even know who Quick was until he was a Ram. I'd love to right the wrong by picking Evans and Watkins but DANG that's a high pick to jack up on. Same with Pead. (I forgive the Pead pick because they did trade up and found Stacy.)
Either way, it's a big decision to stick with Quick.

I hope Schotty can figure it all out this year, too. He seems to be growing with the team a bit. He kinda sux.
I think Schotty was kind of making it up as we went along, but for a time when his gameplan matched up with our personnel, we really were clicking on all cylinders. Then our O-line kind of fell apart, and it was all downhill from there.

I think this upcoming year is about finding our identity and sticking with it, maybe we'll get a clue what direction our offense is heading in from the draft.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Jesus Christ man, you're just talking in circles now. You asked me what I was disagreeing with, I disagreed that Pryor brought more benefit to the team, and then I said why. I never said your opinion was invalid, just that I had a different one.
Easy JJ I agree with you, relax it is a long way to the draft

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think Schotty was kind of making it up as we went along, but for a time when his gameplan matched up with our personnel, we really were clicking on all cylinders. Then our O-line kind of fell apart, and it was all downhill from there.

I think this upcoming year is about finding our identity and sticking with it, maybe we'll get a clue what direction our offense is heading in from the draft.

I think anyway we can beat the hell out of the other team is the direction we'll go. Robinson looks like he'd win any scrum, Pryor always looks for the kill shot, Saffold is a mean OG, and I like Von Noy's athleticism, and Williams coached Verner. Throw in a couple late round RB's and we're almost there. (I know I didnt account for everything).

Schotty wouldn't even know what to do with Evans or Watkins. He'd probably put them on the bikes to stay warm and they'd never see the field. :?

A55VA6

Legend
I like Pryor a lot.. but if Gilbert is there I'd be tempted. Dude is a beast and his technique is very good. Gilbert is one of my favorite players in the draft.

jjab360

Legend
I like Pryor a lot.. but if Gilbert is there I'd be tempted. Dude is a beast and his technique is very good. Gilbert is one of my favorite players in the draft.
If Gilbert's technique was as good as Verrett's, for example, he'd probably be a top 5 pick. As is, he's a work in progress right now, imo. Gets out of position too often and needs to work on his backpedal transition and footwork. I also wish he played tighter in man coverage, that's a huge flaw for someone who doesn't track the ball very well.

He gets overrated a lot because of the 7 ints and the athleticism, imo.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Pryor!!!!!!!! Dude is a fucking slam dunk. It's not even about Evans.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
And there is where you get me, but I wouldn't just say Pryor, I'd say, top rated secondary player.

I'm warming up to Evans at that spot. I think he has prototype #1 ability, but the Rams might think a top guy in the secondary is VBPA. I'd like to take either one a little lower if I could, and I like options for both position in the second round, who I view as starting players.

Evans is not fluid.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Pryor for me. We don't have a starting caliber S right now. At CB we have two starting caliber players who will benefit greatly from WIlliams not playing them 5-10 yards back 90% of the time. We do need better CB depth thats for sure, but we can get that after the first. I'd love to have Gilbert or Dennard, both will be stud in there own way, but Pryor is the bigger need. Evans is still meh to me.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Pryor for me. We don't have a starting caliber S right now. At CB we have two starting caliber players who will benefit greatly from WIlliams not playing them 5-10 yards back 90% of the time. We do need better CB depth thats for sure, but we can get that after the first. I'd love to have Gilbert or Dennard, both will be stud in there own way, but Pryor is the bigger need. Evans is still meh to me.

You don't like TJ McD? I thought he did pretty well in his first season. Rodney McC is just average on a good day.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
You don't like TJ McD? I thought he did pretty well in his first season. Rodney McC is just average on a good day.

I had meant to say "We don't have a starting caliber FS right now". Forgot the F lol. I did like McD, was a pleasant surprise as he appeared to have way to stiff of hips on college.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I had meant to say "We don't have a starting caliber FS right now". Forgot the F lol. I did like McD, was a pleasant surprise as he appeared to have way to stiff of hips on college.

Lol! Yeah I agree with that.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
If we take Greg at 2, take Pryor at 13 and get a good receiver in Jordan Matthews @ the 2nd round. There we addressed the OL/S/WR positions with great talents at all spots.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
If we take Greg at 2, take Pryor at 13 and get a good receiver in Jordan Matthews @ the 2nd round. There we addressed the OL/S/WR positions with great talents at all spots.
We have no need for a 2nd round WR. If we're not going to draft a guy who could be #1, we might as well stick with what we have for another year.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Evans and it's not even close.
Evans grades out as a top 10 player. Pryor grades out in the upper 20's. Do the Math.