Pryor a FA??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Is it?
Don't most players hit FA?

Not interested in getting into how many hit FA, as it doesn't really matter.

Most of those who do hit FA, particularly the good ones, end up having money thrown at them in amounts greater than what their former team are willing to offer and leave. This is why the NFL has insisted on having tags. The players who really want to return tend to be signed before they hit the market.

If the Browns don't get him signed before FA, i.e. if he hits the FA market, he's probably 95%+ gone. All that talk of loyalty is BS when he has a massive check in his face from another team.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not interested in getting into how many hit FA, as it doesn't really matter.

Most of those who do hit FA, particularly the good ones, end up having money thrown at them in amounts greater than what their former team are willing to offer and leave. This is why the NFL has insisted on having tags. The players who really want to return tend to be signed before they hit the market.

If the Browns don't get him signed before FA, i.e. if he hits the FA market, he's probably 95%+ gone. All that talk of loyalty is BS when he has a massive check in his face from another team.
Only 1 player can get tagged per team though and many players become FA each year. I think many more re-sign than you are crediting. I think in a typical year there are only 5-6 guys tagged.

I don't think Pryor is worth anything close to that tag number based off of only 1 year of production.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Only 1 player can get tagged per team though and many players become FA each year. I think many more re-sign than you are crediting. I think in a typical year there are only 5-6 guys tagged.

I don't think Pryor is worth anything close to that tag number based off of only 1 year of production.

Of those players who do not get tagged, many are re-signed BEFORE they hit FA, even if it's last minute. It's not like every player hits the FA market.

All I'm saying is if a team loves a player, and if that player loves the team, a deal gets done before he hits FA typically. Going back to Pryor the spin is he loves Cleveland and is loyal to the coach. I'm not buying it. If all that is true, he'll sign before he becomes a FA. If, however, he hits FA, he will be wearing another uniform next season. I'm very confident I'll be correct on that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of those players who do not get tagged, many are re-signed BEFORE they hit FA, even if it's last minute. It's not like every player hits the FA market.

All I'm saying is if a team loves a player, and if that player loves the team, a deal gets done before he hits FA typically. Going back to Pryor the spin is he loves Cleveland and is loyal to the coach. I'm not buying it. If all that is true, he'll sign before he becomes a FA. If, however, he hits FA, he will be wearing another uniform next season. I'm very confident I'll be correct on that.
I don't disagree, but he hasn't hit the open market yet. FA players can negotiate with their own players for several more days before they hit the open market
So while he's technically a FA they still have exclusive negotiation time