Pryor a FA??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SanAnRam

Just an educated redneck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Browns allowed Wednesday's 4 p.m. ET deadline to pass without using their franchise tag on Pryor, meaning he will become an unrestricted free agent on March 9. Browns executive vice president of football operations Sashi Brown said the team has had discussions with the receiver on a long-term contract.

Doesn't this make more sense that Jeffrey?

Grow with Goff

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Pryor apparently loves Cleveland for taking a chance on him. So this isn't very surprising.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Browns already used the franchise tag to support RG3
mri.jpg

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Pryor apparently loves Cleveland for taking a chance on him. So this isn't very surprising.

More importantly he's followed Hue Jackson everywhere and said he wants to stay with him.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Don't see him leaving the team that gave him his chance. But I would throw a ton of cash his way to see if we have a chance...My #1 wr hope

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
More importantly he's followed Hue Jackson everywhere and said he wants to stay with him.

If that meant anything he would have signed with them by now. Hitting FA will mean he's gone.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Pryor is good but I wonder if he can sustain his production from last year as a legit #1. I'd rather have Marshall or Garcon... I can't pull the trigger on Alshon because as a #1 we need someone with reliable health that can serve as a safety net for Goff as he learns and gets his chemistry/timing down.

Marshall/Garcon, Tavon, Rookie WR (Davis/JuJu/Godwin), Cooper, Thomas, Spruce... That's a PROMISING receiving unit that we can grow from.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
If that meant anything he would have signed with them by now. Hitting FA will mean he's gone.

Not necessarily. He may want to hit FA to get a better idea of his market value, and come back to the Browns with that to match. He's not going to sign any deal until he knows his value. He's a really different case with pretty much no precedent so it can hardly be based off other deals. I think we'll still end up seeing Cleveland re-sign him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not necessarily. He may want to hit FA to get a better idea of his market value, and come back to the Browns with that to match. He's not going to sign any deal until he knows his value. He's a really different case with pretty much no precedent so it can hardly be based off other deals. I think we'll still end up seeing Cleveland re-sign him.
Reasons why he might not want to sign with Cleveland:
1. It's Cleveland
2. Cleveland sucks, and it's cold.
3. Did I mention it's Cleveland?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
1. It's Cleveland
2. Cleveland sucks, and it's cold.
3. Did I mention it's Cleveland?

I will defend my adopted State
  1. Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
  2. Cleveland Rocks, warmer than Minneapolis
  3. Home of the NBA Champions and American League Champions.
I would still call him, but I am sure with the cap room available with the Browns this has the "Wink, Wink." written all over it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will defend my adopted State
  1. Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
  2. Cleveland Rocks, warmer than Minneapolis
  3. Home of the NBA Champions and American League Champions.
I would still call him, but I am sure with the cap room available with the Browns this has the "Wink, Wink." written all over it.
C'mon, admit it...You were a big Bills and Sabres fan until the Cavs won their first title ever....(Indians still play baseball?)

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Pryor is very intriguing. Still learning a position he did pretty well with. So it seems the ceiling could be pretty high. You can do more than just throw him passes. He's more versatile than most receivers. But I don't see us spending that much on a guy you can do gimmicks with while we've invested so much in Tavon. Garcon might be the wiser option.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
The nice thing about Pryor is he's BIG. He's a hard guy to take one on one because of his size and that's a good quality for a #1 receiver to have. I still think we get one of the Washington receivers though. I'd rather get one of them and spend the rest of the money on offensive linemen.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Is it bad that I'm even thinking about Pryor & Gordon???:unsure::notsure::whistle::oops::thinking::wtf::bueller::palm:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Take a look at the numbers of players who hit FA and elect to go back to their previous teams. It's very rare. If he hits FA it will be a longshot for him to return to the pile of feces that is Cleveland.